Speaker recomendation and advice

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex_225":2aayee7s said:

I've found a guide on how to remove the door card so that's not too bad but I wanted to know, are they 13cm speakers? If so, I'm guessing any of these would do the trick :

Alex, have you got a link to this?

Trying to get the link for you mate but can't get on TwingoOC for some reason.

To give you a rough idea though :

1 - Small screwdriver, wrapped in masking tape to gently lever the cover over the mirror wires. Once you can get it moving it'll just pop off. Held in with three prongs but no clips.

2 - Undo the torx screws along the edge of the door card. One at the back, three underneath.

3 - Undo the torx screws under the covers in the handle and door release.

4 - Pull the door card up gently up and out slightly holding the door pocket. The door card should then pop off, it has a lip thats' slightly hooked over at the top and a number of clips that hold it.

5 - I chose not to disconnect the switches/release cable but unclipped the door release cable so I could turn the door card out of the way of the speaker. Put a blanket down on the ground so the door card was effectively still attached but not scraping against the floor.

6 - The OEM speakers are fitted into a bracket that holds them slightly proud of the door so the window cant go down behind. So I recommend keeping that in place.

7 - The Alpine speakers I fitted had four brackets for fitting but the adapter ring only has two. So gently bent the two I didn't need off with some pliers. They come off the speakers neatly.

8 - Bit of gentle persuation and the Alpine speakers fit onto the OEM bracket and screw down fine with the OEM screws.

9 - With regard to wiring, you need to snip the OEM speaker connections off, I crimped two female spade connectors which fitted the new speakers perfectly.

10 - Put it all back together in reverse order. The door cards will go back in place as if you've never removed them.

Hope that helps. :)

Alex_225":18dd56tl said:
Trying to get the link for you mate but can't get on TwingoOC for some reason.

To give you a rough idea though :

1 - Small screwdriver, wrapped in masking tape to gently lever the cover over the mirror wires. Once you can get it moving it'll just pop off. Held in with three prongs but no clips.

2 - Undo the torx screws along the edge of the door card. One at the back, three underneath.

3 - Undo the torx screws under the covers in the handle and door release.

4 - Pull the door card up gently up and out slightly holding the door pocket. The door card should then pop off, it has a lip thats' slightly hooked over at the top and a number of clips that hold it.

5 - I chose not to disconnect the switches/release cable but unclipped the door release cable so I could turn the door card out of the way of the speaker. Put a blanket down on the ground so the door card was effectively still attached but not scraping against the floor.

6 - The OEM speakers are fitted into a bracket that holds them slightly proud of the door so the window cant go down behind. So I recommend keeping that in place.

7 - The Alpine speakers I fitted had four brackets for fitting but the adapter ring only has two. So gently bent the two I didn't need off with some pliers. They come off the speakers neatly.

8 - Bit of gentle persuation and the Alpine speakers fit onto the OEM bracket and screw down fine with the OEM screws.

9 - With regard to wiring, you need to snip the OEM speaker connections off, I crimped two female spade connectors which fitted the new speakers perfectly.

10 - Put it all back together in reverse order. The door cards will go back in place as if you've never removed them.

Hope that helps. :)
cheers fella

Is it a easy job to fit the tweaters. Mine already has them in
What size were the tweeters in the end? They're my next job and Ideally I'd like to not have to pull stuff out to find out first... And what type did you end up going for? Thank you in advance!