Springs now fitted, Lowness inside :D

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpy

Reaction score
Got the springs fitted on saturday, very pleased with the result although it rubs a bit when going over speedbumps due to the offset on my wheels :(

Anyway heres a couple of quick pictures!

low.jpg

low2.jpg

low3.jpg

Still cant find the effort to go and get some proper pictures :lol:

let me what you think :)

Exhaust coming at the end of the month :cool:

looks spot on mate :cool: :cool:
one of the best cars on here :mrgreen:
altho i def think u should b selling those wheels to me to cure your rubbing prob ;) :mrgreen:

orbital":3jb0ih75 said:
arch roll them back mate at the top

I was thinking that mate but thought you couldnt due to the arch being plastic?

Its literally only just rubbing at the end of the tyre, probs only 5-10mm in it!

Any help on this would be ideal as id rather be lower :lol:.

Throw £600 notes my way turbo and i may think about it :lol:

they'll be able to do the plastic if its a good place. just takes a bit more time and care with the heat.
or a simple solution. go on kam racing or ktec nd buy the highest degree rear camber plate and it'll tuck it in nicely ;) (for clio mk2)

orbital":31l3wdg0 said:
they'll be able to do the plastic if its a good place. just takes a bit more time and care with the heat.
or a simple solution. go on kam racing or ktec nd buy the highest degree rear camber plate and it'll tuck it in nicely ;) (for clio mk2)

Oh right i see, i may look into the arch rolling then.

Clio mk2 ones definately fit? and with the camber being mesaured in degreees, what will each degree be equivalent to in mm?

orbital":1mjw6ij1 said:

hell yea camber plates all the way :twisted:
that would add to the look and help handling

Looks awesome mate. Loving those wheels, really suit the car. Arch rolling can be done but it's a nightmare according to my dad which is why a lot of places won't do it.

TURBO":18cqh5ru said:
orbital":18cqh5ru said:

hell yea camber plates all the way :twisted:
that would add to the look and help handling

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault-clio-mk2-1-rear-camber-shim-set.html

Is this what i need? how much will it tuck it in?

will it make the wheel more like this "/" or this "\"...if you know what i mean :lol:

is it just a simple thing of taking the wheel off putting it on the hub then wheels back on?

it will tuck the wheel in negative, so the top of the wheel will be pointing towards the innards of the car. i went for max degree which i believe is 1degree. doesnt sound much but can see the looks. also if you need a bit more, small metal washers on the lower two bolts of the plates can be used to give it more angle to your liking. a clio trick ;)

Ohhh i see what you mean.. Ill take a picture of the gap i have and see if you tihnk 1 degree will do it?

hold there! :lol:

problemoo.jpg

You can see where it has been rubbing at the back were the screw is! it rubs on the tyre just above were the tyre goes like 'meshy' if you know what i mean, you can see it a bit!

yea go u need some negative camber to push the top of the tyre into the car /

1 degree may b all u need

they sandwich between the shocks/rear beam and the rear hubs, around that area. i'll find a link from cliosport to show/explain it better

Yer a thread on it with pictures may help as that made no sense to me at all! ha

is it a hard job to do?

as far as i remember u take the wheel and disc off, leaving u the stud on the rear axle which is held on by 4 bolts, undo them put the camber plate on then rebolt the axle stud back on then refit the disc and wheel, stand back congratulate yourself and have a beer