Steering wheel

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggi112":1bk47hfs said:
This guy is HERE (not to be confused with hear) because he loves his car. It's fun, entertaining and does its job wonderfully, but I believe you're (notice that's different to your) confusing your gordini with perhaps something more expensive or exotic. The gordini lifts the interior from plain drab to reasonable but it's still the same layout. I've accepted it as a characteristic. Form before function.

You gave an opinion, as did I. Simply because mine doesn't conform with yours you seem to have become quite angry (perhaps its the use of
punctuation. I also split my post up into sentences and paragraphs?) I'm not out to make you feel bad about your car but my opinion (yes I have one) is that the interior is one of the worst in the segment and I bought the car for the way it drives, it's exterior charm and it's relatively low running costs. If you like the interior.... Good for you :)

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Gordini_133":1bk47hfs said:
the 'mums' that buy them (plenty and plenty around where i live) know the fiat 500 from ages ago, and because they brought it back, its like 'the must have car', same with the mini, both the mini and 500 were iconic cars, and thats why when they got brought back, the advertising was crazy, every car show had them, because of their names, so because of the name, its 'the must have car', and yes, women think the cars are 'cute' , and not being funny, cars that women call 'cute' and not cars made for men...and like i said, the interior of the 500 doesnt really know what it is, is it retro? is it modern? they have tried to do both, the big fat centre console where the gearstick is, is just gastly. Everyone has their own opinion, and i like i said in the opening post to this page, nice comments please! and this guy is just slagging off renault and the twingo. I dont see the point in firstly buying the car, and then going on the forum if all you do is slag the car off, saying how bad it is blah blah. Cars these days are mainly status pieces, so a girl saying 'ive just bought a new fiat 500' is all about status, because the 500 and the mini are huge names in the car industry, are they the best?? no, but they are the biggest names (for smaller cars) If a girl puts all over fb and tells her friends, ive just bought a peugot 306, will anyone take any notice? no...will anyone be jealous? no... but (mainly girls) will be jealous if they buy a mini or a 500, because of what it is. Do most girls give a crap about performance? in general....no, they just want a car that 'looks cute', The performance of the abarth is great, i admit that, its slightly better than the twingo sport, but it looks like a little bug, it is a girly car, whereas this site is dedicated to a sporty/track car that is mainly for guys but can be for girls too! thats what is so great about it

Doesnt matter what it is, its still better than the interior in the Twingo :lol:

The women down your way must be a special breed. One that knows about the history of cars etc. And the 500 and Minis are by no means a "status symbol". Its a cheap European hatchback so is far from it :lol:

Firstly, i wasnt angry, but no i am, because your taking the piss and acting like a cocky, pathetic little prick. (Full stop, theres my punctuation). Secondly, its not that easy typing in weight lifting gloves. (another full stop). Yes i have my opinion, and you have yours, but! for you too think that the interior is just plain awful, is just a joke. The normal sport is 12.5K, and the gordini was 14.5K (thats the prices that i saw when i was in the showroom last). If you are expecting a rolls interior for that money, then your not from this planet. The car itself is amazing, one of the best cars i have driven, and ive drove alot. The interior is not perfect, but the price is cheap, you get what you pay for! I cannot believe you said the gordini interior takes it from 'plain drab' to 'reasonable' just makes you out to be an idiot. Wow, the dash is plastic, so is tons of other cars, get over it. The leather is good quality, the design, the stitching, the wheel leather, the side doors, the gear stick, everything goes together and looks good. I think you need to check the price tag, and take into consideration everything you get for that money.

HERES A BLOODY PARAGRAPH! you have some real big internet balls, congratulations on that, shame your probably some weed who loves acting like the big man and mr cocky on the internet :)

i didnt want to use this as i hate it myself, but, congratulations on taking the piss out of someone who has mild dyslexia, your a real big man!

Have to agree the lack of using the return button was/is making your posts very difficult to read. That's nothing to do with dyslexia. In fact your spelling is better than most on here so again not really a 'valid' card to play.

You didn't start well with saying (basically) you don't agree with me then I won't take you seriously.

You do need to calm down a smidge why do you have to bring personal insults into it?

I don't love my car it's a tool to get a job done I don't see it in rose coloured specs, yes we can all slate it cos we've bought it it's human nature we always want something better.

You just used my argument? I didn't expect an amazing interior. Hence I still bought it. But it is not well put together. It isn't made of nice materials and it's still poorly laid out. That is fact. Everyone else here accepts it, and it's regularly written about anywhere you ever read about the 133. The seats are nice (albeit too high). So because I realise I bought a cheap car (and it is) you come in with a whole 'he hates our cars and therefore he should piss off' argument. Very well done.

I said, if you like it, and are happy then good for you. And I mean that sincerely.

As for the comment about punctuation and paragraphs, I'll retract it as that's hardly your fault. (although I'm sure taking the gloves off will help :p) I'm not trying to make enemies with you but I found your argument that basically all other cars are rubbish and 133s are the best ever full stop period a bit OTT and I'm sure on abarth forums they say similar about twingos and swift forums they slate the both.

The best thing about this forum was the fact we loved all cars. I certainly do. And I'll happily admit the swift now looks a better car. The abarth wins it for me, but is too expensive. And the 133 I'd the most fun to drive. I think some people buy a car and can't see past the end of their own bonnet.

Gordini_133":35klercf said:
i didnt want to use this as i hate it myself, but, congratulations on taking the piss out of someone who has mild dyslexia, your a real big man!

No real need for this.

Here is my input about this thread!! (for what it's worth)

I have owned 2 Twingo RS's in almost 4 years! One non cup and my current silverstone!

I love the car, hence why I have owned 2 in such a short space of time!

But I am in a position in life where I can not afford everything to b perfect and be the best it can be! I.e. Ferrari's, porches etc.

I chose the Twingo because it drives like a demon!!!! :)
And it was in a suitable price range for my circumstances!

Now, for the interior! In my non cup, I was fairly happy with the interior, nice comfy, hugging seats, all colour matched stitching. I like the rev counter! The interior was ok.

But......

In my silverstone, the interior is exactly the same as my bog standard non cup!! If I am being honest, I am slightly disappointed by this. But I dnt care! I love the car because of the way it drives and the way it puts a huge smile on my face everytime I drive it!!!

Does this make me hate my car?? I can vouch for almost every1 on this fun, helpfull and NON HOSTILE forum that they would say pretty much the same as me!

I feel this thread is getting extremely heated and it is completely unnecessary! EVERY1 is entitled to there opinion.

I would be gutted if this forum went down the same route as a lot of other Internet based forum/ chat pages! I come on here because it is such a nice place to be, we all try and get on with each other and yes... We have different opinions about things, but I certainty would not start attacking a person (obviously not physically attacking any1) just because they said they don't like there interior too much!!!

I feel I'm rambling now! So, wud u all just chill out and enjoy the rest of the forum please!!!!!

Thanks
:)

Thank you for retracting that comment. Yes there was a need for it, as he did not know, and he could have continued with comments like that which are offensive to me. I do love all cars, well not all, but a lot! i love the twingo, love all renault sport range, and the biggest thing about them is value for money. The abarth may have a better interior, but then the price is more, if you add better materials etc to the twingo, the price would go up, you get alot for your cash, and thats what renaults are about. They have only got better over the years, it used to be just the clio was great, but now, all the renault sport range is great, thats why they win so many awards. I dont think every other car is shit and the twingo is the only good one, i admitted the abarth performance is great, but then again, higher price tag

I got a bit heated, i admit that, and i apologise, im really not a horrible/mean person, happy friday everyone have a great weekend

Awesome. Big balls to admit it so soon afterwards! Big twingo group hug x :lol:

We're an entitled to our opinions. Mine is that the 133 is a cheap and nasty interior because it's a cheap bloody car!

It was never a personal attack towards you, and I'll be the first to admit perhaps I stepped a line with the paragraphs thing (although In future it will make it easier to read, assuming you are sticking around ;))

yeah, you pay for what you get, and considering nowadays most normal model cars (non sport) are like 8-10 grand even, for what you get for twingo sport money, its great.
Unless i concentrate 100% on typing, i always make mistakes, i hate it more than anyone, because i cant be bothered to concentrate 100% most of the time lol

weebob":1pezkhl8 said:
Gordini_133":1pezkhl8 said:

No real need for this.

Gordini_133":1pezkhl8 said:
Thank you for retracting that comment. Yes there was a need for it, as he did not know, and he could have continued with comments like that which are offensive to me.

Thats fine. It just came across as being a bit "tit for tat". Certainly not saying you are or do but I have noticed that people think its a acceptable to wear a condition or disability as a badge or shield to hide behind for what ever reason, normally when things aren't going their way or they are pulled up on something and get arsey about it.

maggi112":99ud04ui said:
Awesome. Big balls to admit it so soon afterwards! Big twingo group hug x :lol:

We're an entitled to our opinions. Mine is that the 133 is a cheap and nasty interior because it's a cheap bloody car!

It was never a personal attack towards you, and I'll be the first to admit perhaps I stepped a line with the paragraphs thing (although In future it will make it easier to read, assuming you are sticking around ;))

Gordini_133":99ud04ui said:
yeah, you pay for what you get, and considering nowadays most normal model cars (non sport) are like 8-10 grand even, for what you get for twingo sport money, its great.
Unless i concentrate 100% on typing, i always make mistakes, i hate it more than anyone, because i cant be bothered to concentrate 100% most of the time lol

Good good, now bum and make up you two ;)

:lol: best bit is I said an instead of all in my last post. Im gonna blame the iPhone for that ;)

I agree it is good value for money. Or rather was before the facelift. But with the swift upping the game considerably, Renault has to do something cos their interiors just don't cut it at any price range anymore. Comes from everyone doing the same and competing with ze Germans.

I agree, i think they should do more effective market research. If they got the renault dealers to send an email survey to their customers (for example) 3 things you want want renault to do to improve their cars, they would have much more of an idea. At the moment they are relying on there design team

maggi112":jo1907hg said:
:lol: best bit is I said an instead of all in my last post. Im gonna blame the iPhone for that ;)

I agree it is good value for money. Or rather was before the facelift. But with the swift upping the game considerably, Renault has to do something cos their interiors just don't cut it at any price range anymore. Comes from everyone doing the same and competing with ze Germans.

The interior isnt up to the standard of the i10 or the micra, direct competitors to the standard twingo, newer things like the new Kia picanto / new swift are far beyond in terms of quality. I still dont get why they didn't sort this in the facelift, seeing as when the Mk2 Twingo was released back in 2007 the cheapness of the interior was commented on.

My mum bought a new Kia picanto few weeks ago.

£10k.

Heated steering wheel.
Heated leather diamond stitched seats
Keyless entry and push button start (the key being a gloss black orb)
Led day Time running lamps that are superb
Nice looking exhaust
Lovely alloys
Amazing details on the rear lights
Bluetooth
In fact it has pretty much everything on it

I didn't want to admit it... But I love it :lol: that over a standard twingo any day.

maggi112":1pwo7mft said:
My mum bought a new Kia picanto few weeks ago.

£10k.

Heated steering wheel.
Heated leather diamond stitched seats
Keyless entry and push button start (the key being a gloss black orb)
Led day Time running lamps that are superb
Nice looking exhaust
Lovely alloys
Amazing details on the rear lights
Bluetooth
In fact it has pretty much everything on it

I didn't want to admit it... But I love it :lol: that over a standard twingo any day.

They are ace little cars. Sure there are some nasty plastics lurking in the cabin, but at least they are in areas that don't get frequently touched, unlike the entire dash on the twingo.