Strut Brace

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orbital":zqygu1y4 said:
kam racing, should have pictures of the ATS camber mounts and Spaxx string mounted on the car that i can send you at the end of the month if fitting goes to plan

pics of the AST and Spax goodies would be good. I believe the cats have got at the spax string in your car though :D
twingo_string.jpg

a few have been bought by people abroad for Twingo's, but we haven't had any feedback as of yet. It's the same mount as is used on the Clio mk1/mk2

they're top mounts which allow camber adjustment by moving the top of the strut rather than a mechanism for adjusting the position at the bottom of the strut..

Thanks for the extra pics Mr Kam Racing!
As Twingo133.net members do we get any discount from you?

Also, with the strut brace in, can the rear seats (individual sliding RS ones) be in their furthest into the boot position?

Jake_133":e25nxwg6 said:
Thanks for the extra pics Mr Kam Racing!
As Twingo133.net members do we get any discount from you?

Also, with the strut brace in, can the rear seats (individual sliding RS ones) be in their furthest into the boot position?

We run pretty tight margins on everything with our low prices so can't offer a blanket discount, but we can sort out special deals for members on an individual basis. We have a promotion on OMP which we are currently planning on running to the end of the month, so if you want one of the strut braces at a lower price you should hurry to avoid missing out:
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.p...ear-upper-strut-brace-renault-twingo-mk2.html

Kam Racing":ks1b1hc0 said:
orbital":ks1b1hc0 said:
kam racing, should have pictures of the ATS camber mounts and Spaxx string mounted on the car that i can send you at the end of the month if fitting goes to plan

pics of the AST and Spax goodies would be good. I believe the cats have got at the spax string in your car though :D
twingo_string.jpg

hey - your cat ate my "RENAULTsport" sticker :)

twingo_strutbar_rear.jpg

Been looking for one of these for months!! after one for the engine but seems no one does them either that or i just cant find them...any ideas on where to get one?
Question tho, iv got the 133 cup so dont have the slidding back seats, i asume its still guna fit just as well. also how easy are they to fit? take it its just a couple of bolts n its on.

the rear brace is from a clio mk2 ;)
easy to install and requires to small slits in the fabric on the side of the boot to allow the brace to poke through it. unbolt to nuts ontop of the rear suspension in the back, put the brace over it keeping the rubber mounts in place and retighten the bolts up

Caz-133cup":1dys7rh9 said:
best get ordering one! car handles well anyway but this would tighten the back end up nicely :)

Have a word with our trader Kam racing they can supply you one.

orbital":3gap3ivj said:
unbolt to nuts ontop of the rear suspension in the back, put the brace over it keeping the rubber mounts in place and retighten the bolts up
I don't see how mounting the brace between the top of the shock absorbers can improve the handling. Having rubber mounts is hardly going to improve torsional rigidity.

Theres 3 studs welded to the top of the wheel arches. Theres also cuts in the carpet liner, as if something could be fitted to them. However a bar mounted on these would mean the rear seats can't go all the way back, or would need to be removed.

The bar onto the top of the shocks seems a real compromise.