Super Sprint Renaultsport 133 exhaust...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with manifold/cat quite a bit
matt i only have a pic of them cut out but theres some on the french site in one piece with a side cut out of the cat

Kam Racing":gf5qn6kf said:
out of curiosity how much does the standard system weigh?
It is almost 13 kg . I Have found a difference of 2,8 kg between the standard ant the supersprint system.
I want to confirm the great quality of the exhaust! and great sound.
:D

Hi nice exhaust mate ;-),

I`ve replaced on my RS the 2 middle-silencers an fitted in place of them a straight pipe (it`s the same like the K-tec an the Supersprint), now the sound is much better, not so loud as the K-tec ones, but very nice and it costed only 20£, on the other side the car consumes more now because there`s no tailback and I think that it lost a little bit of performance, but I`m not sure...

Also my Renaultmechanic told me that it`s normal that the car loses performance an consumes more with a straight pipe...because of the tailback...

Now my question to everybody who has fitted a straight pipe is: Does your car has the same phenomenons as mine? Or ist it just because mine is self made?

sorry for my bad English guys, but I`m from Luxembourg ;)

have a nice weekend

how is the supersprint fitment getting on? are all the pipes fitted now, any video clips of finnished exhaust... slim.

Lux, that can be true sometimes when any sort of back pressure is taken away from the NA exhaust system or if piping becomes to be for to keep the gases as a high velocity. google exhaust 'Scavenging' and it should give you the low down to exhaust.

mines slightly to larger bore size for the time being to from lower manifold to back box (minus cover the backbox and cat) is wrapped to keep gas temp up high to combat it. although one down side is needing to stop for a break after 2hours of so, so it doesnt get to hot and crack and pipes or damage the Cat

slim":lgh63n0l said:
how is the supersprint fitment getting on? are all the pipes fitted now, any video clips of finnished exhaust... slim.

Front pipe arrived just before I went away to work, but should be fitted in a couple of days

Just two flights to go before getting home :D

I may be able to get a clip when it is on the rollers at RS next week

Ollie133cup":1dudsgtx said:
very nice indeed,

Cant wait to hear it when you get back. :D
Your not too far away to meet up 1/2 way or for a blat, I'll drop you a PM when it's fitted if you fancy

madmatt":2bk71wzm said:
singlespeed":2bk71wzm said:
I may be able to get a clip when it is on the rollers at RS next week

If you fancy stopping for a coffee break in the area, I'm more than happy to join you and hear it :D
Heading down to Leeds next Tuesday, with a crack of sparrows start :(
Will be back up Tuesday evening, although not sure of the time I will be around the central belt . Could be 8-9pm ish, depending on the time taken on the remap, so probably due a couple of cups of coffee by then :lol:

singlespeed":12qqy3pv said:
Could be 8-9pm ish, depending on the time taken on the remap, so probably due a couple of cups of coffee by then :lol:

I'll drop you a PM with my mobile number if you figure out where to stop for a brew :p

Which way you planning on driving?

5960544361_6b4f28edcb_b_d.jpg

5960545225_87f37602ab_b_d.jpg

5961104664_51cb038399_b_d.jpg

The note is a bit deeper and louder without the front silencer
[youtube]tTmpcFSfa04[/youtube]

I was surprised at how much effect the small front silencer had. I think Supersprint have more noise damping through the larger rear box, compared to the standard RS, to counteract the straight through front and mid sections. As a whole, it is quite nice.

It won't be doing the mpg figures any good as it sounds quite nice with a boot full :D

Not as rorty, poppy and loud as I thought it would be with just the one silencer... there must be a lot of sound deadning material in that back box... Fitment looks spot on tho! :) Thanks for putting the big pictures and videos on here mate! slim.