supercharger.?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i supercharged an engine before but not a vaux.
is there a kit u can buy or are u going for a diy ???

u can def turbo them ;) loads of room and lots of bits!!
no reason why u couldnt sc one but theres no room belt side and bits would have to b made coz renault never use sc

good luck getting a company to do you a one off tubular manifold for the turbo in 133. the last best was pro-speed with ktec in both turbo and standard manifolds and they aint going to touch another one. the engine is a pain to work with turbo wise, might have room in there but the work would have to be done with the engine in and not out making it harder. you've seen the clearing shots with mine, a GT25 should fit but it'll be a pain if you have to replace other parts.
there was a lad on TOC saying he got a final price on a SC kit for the 133 at about 4k, 3k cheaper then what ktec wanted for the turbo kit.
182 injectors would have to be used as well as a new ecu, the stock will not be able to handle it, and your looking at about 1k plus for ecu and loop kit. the standard pistons and engine can take 0.5bar pressure, something like 10-14 psi (not sure on bar to psi conversions but def 0.5bar is max to push) but there are lower compression at 8.0 you can get but no forged conrods as of yet. was quoted a 40 bhp/ft-lb increase
you you've got the cup version should be easy to install SC or even more effective screw or root one but it will have to sit very low if you've got aircon but there is room.
i've been told best results is to get ITB/ECU and pistons to gain same power as turbo/charger route at around the same price and still keep like a rensport n/a car. not sure how the car will handle with that power increase at the wheels a maybe a LSD maybe needed?

Throttle bodies are the only way forward IMO I got a quote to have supercharger for the twingo ( rotrex charger) think it was 5500 after all the labour etc an other upgrades were added on like ecu etc etc etc in the end I said **** it and am now looking at ITBs by the way the supercharger was going to go in the air con space we even put one in to test fit and was spot on the space is plenty

im hoping to go down the ITB, but finding a good ecu to handle from fly-by-wire to cable puts the price up on ecu brands. ktec have stated a price for me, was the same as having the clio ITB kit with ecu, plus 200 for loom connection and then remap time which sets you back about 3k. not to bad, the plan was i think is to use the clio ITB and saw off the gasket plate and weld on one to fit 182 and relocate the coolent tank.
another tempting option for me was getting ecu that can handle cable throttles, getting a shorter manifold made to handle a massive 100mm throttle which should be less restrictive but not a good as ITB at 40mm but then could have option of supercharger when car has run its course at its speed etc.
kind of glad i had my exhaust done to 2 1/4" as it should be able to handle low boost pressure but 2 1//2" would of been better

iv spoke to afew companies in us that are willing to make up some forged pistons+rods.
have also been offered the choice of having current pistons dipped and comp lowered so as more turbo friendly!
there are afew companies that will make mani's to suit engine/turbo of your choice for not much more than any other mani!!
the turbo is abit of an issue atm due to oil/water routing and not much room for cooler so ccharger cooler may b the only option :cry:
it is also poss to get the clio ecu's unlocked so u could prob use that or if not adaptronic ecu's are amazing and should work a treat!!
clio injectors should b good for throttle bodies but think there the wrong impedance for turbos,chargers :?:

not sure what id prefer the rumble from throttle bodies or turbo chatter :mrgreen:

theres pistons already done at 8.0 but no conrods yet.
the stock should be good for charging but im guessing you'd want a bigger throttle and pendulum for less restriction.
id say ditch the stock ecu and get an aftermarket one.
not sure if catcams would make charged friendly cams for the RS, but i could ask them

thanks for the offer but its ok iv seen afew issues with catcams chewing up etc but piper are on the case!
iv run an unlocked 182 ecu before on a diff renault and it was a bit of a weak link!but it was all i could afford at the time!!

whens piper looking to bring out some cams? took a lot of asking from me and input from rally teams to get them to final make some damn cam. hoping their not the same price as the 197s!

Why have I only just seen this thread?!

I think ITB and Superchargers both have their space issues.
I'd love to have a Supercharged Twingo ultimately but I also love the NA Roar so....who's making an ITB kit? :lol:

Atpower should be able to make a direct to head set for you with ecu and kit for about £1600 mark but would require dropping off the car to them. find a crashed clio s1600 and steak the manifold. if you got did of the manifold could stick a screw charger in there :D
reading up on compound charging...hehe
also worth asking jms about their clio manifold, they were liking the idea of doing one for the k4m since the 133 is a tight bugger for charging and their latest kits are on par with ITB clios

Screwcharging looks like the easier one to do at the moment, problems with trying to find somewhere to put the Centrifugal supercharger are a P.I.T.A!
You could always do A/C deletion but at the moment I wanna keep it.

Eaton Superchargers of the older Cooper S may fit with a little fettling and making an inlet plate to match the K4M ports wouldn't cost too much....

Would sound awesome too :D

Compound Charging? Twin Charging. One of the old Nissan March (Micra) was Twincharged, before VW even though about it :p
Someone Twincharged an R35 GTR too :) 650 brake and shedloads of Torque.

Would the Direct to head kit for the ITBs not be in hot air alley from the Rad?

I've often thought the ITB route for the Twingo would be a good one.

Around 160bhp would be an ideal power for these cars. Too much power and it'd just feel like a handful but just enough more grunt see it keep up with some bigger motors in a straight line.

I think I'd be tempted by some ITB's if they became available. What power increase we talking? 20bhp+?

I'm pretty sure the Clio 172s could see 210-220bhp from ITBs so bearing in mind the lesser capacity of the Twingos engine, I'd have thought 20-30bhp would seem reasonable. I'm no expert but that seems to make sense haha.

should see 30bhp increase but the trumpets would be short so most of it will be top end added with the 4-1 exhaust and you'd have a cracker of a car at high revs

Sell up, buy a 200. Far cheaper and better option than TBing a 133.

Or if you insist on chasing power that doesn't exist, put a 182 engine in it. Virtually straight swap.

Al":3uuv8dxf said:
Sell up, buy a 200. Far cheaper and better option than TBing a 133.

Or if you insist on chasing power that doesn't exist, put a 182 engine in it. Virtually straight swap.

Or do what the guy in German i think it was dump a 225 lump in it then you will have real power ;)