Tesco's Momentum 99 sucks?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I will stay away from it, at least from the Tesco in Llanelli... I will try V power next I suppose.

95 ron mpg? seems strangely high... taken after a stretch of the m4 driven at 60MPH.
xgfqsx.jpg

That does seem very high. Considering the average claimed figure of 40mpg for the car anyway.

Is the 95 you're using tesco too? I had an awful experience with the stuff. Extremely flat and lacking any sort of response (I actually thought my clutch was slipping originally!)

Would I be right in saying unburnt fuel is sent back into the system? Possibly tesco 95 burns so poorly that it actually returns better mpg??

Just a thought!

bagseye":1jok7bl9 said:
Would I be right in saying unburnt fuel is sent back into the system? Possibly tesco 95 burns so poorly that it actually returns better mpg??
No. Theres no recirculation system. Cylinder head outlet ports> Manifold (Exhaust manifold runners> Pre cat lambda sensor>Cat> post cat Lambda sensor), Exhaust system

Is the lambda sensor possibly playing up, causing it to run rich?

Just the mention of smelling fuel, fluctuating mpg. Maybe even coils?

My car has smelt like it's leaning fuel and it's usually when it has some tescos stuff in it when you come to mention it

How do you get an MPG readout?! Mine doesn't do that when cycling through with the right-hand stalk; is it a Monitor feature? Or facelift?

BikNorton":w6oiswm0 said:
How do you get an MPG readout?! Mine doesn't do that when cycling through with the right-hand stalk; is it a Monitor feature? Or facelift?
Facelift ;) Note the actual lcd digits are slightly different

To be honest its probably best - shell v-power vouchers mean I only put 20l in at a time but this afternoon I brimmed my other half's new focus st with 50l of 95ron and was shocked at what it came to.

My 133 gave off a fuel rich smell using Mom'99.
The 95 ron stuff never seemed any good on economy either.

I ended up using Shell Fuel Save 95 ron most of the time and was happy with it.
The extra expense of V-Power gave no real world noticeable difference in either power or economy.

I noticed no difference in either Total 98 ron or Sainsburys 99 either to be honest.

maggi112":ix2sttt1 said:
Shell seems to only ever have regular unleaded, with an apology for the lack of fuel save, at all stations I've seen in the last few months?

I thought all the standard 95 RON had been rebranded "Fuel Save" James?

I see.
So what they said was standard is now not standard.

Theyll make their minds up one day....