Thats me not driving for 6 weeks then

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMR

Reaction score
Was on holiday last week and on the last day went for a little ride with my son and fell off down a hill.

Went with a right crack. Laid on the floor, Ewan ran up to me, are you ok dad, etc etc
I took my trainer off and pulled my sock down as I had a lot of pain from the inside of my ankle. Blood gushed all over the road and I quickly covered it back up.
Ewan, dont panic, I think I've broken my ankle, I'll phone for an ambulance and then you ring mum to come and meet us.

Paramedics quickly came closely followed by the fantastic Ambulance men.
Taken to hospital where they were really busy so it took a while to be seen. Nitrous Oxide, morphine and a canister of oxygen later I was feeling a little better.
X-ray showed a compound fracture of the bottom of my leg where it has come thro the skin, fracture to the other side, but not penetrating the skin, and a fractured fibia.

It happened just before 8pm, and I got into theatre at 2:00pm following day.
Spent four days in hospital and now I'm home.

Cant put any weight on it for at least 6 weeks.
I'm gutted.

Ouch, that sucks.

Hope your recovery is quick & smooth.

Cheers DD

One thing I love is driving my car. Ah well.

I have Jim from White Details coming round to wash the CRZ and the Clio - that will at least keep them sparkling in the meantime.
My dad and brother are fighting over who comes at a weekend and takes them for a spin to keep the battery charged etc etc :cool:

Bugger, sounds awful mate, just as well the little one was ok! Couldn't have happened at the start of the summer could it!!

Get better soon.

Oh ouch! :-( hope you recover quickly.

This bit did make me laugh though!!

JMR":9yzh2ni2 said:
My dad and brother are fighting over who comes at a weekend and takes them for a spin to keep the battery charged etc etc :cool:

Yup, they both have oil burners instead of proper petrol cars. ;)

I think dad wants to take the CR-Z cos he loves it to bits, and brother quite fancies thrapping the knackers of the 182 Cup. :lol:

Nick3814":qoye1t6e said:
Bugger, sounds awful mate, just as well the little one was ok! Couldn't have happened at the start of the summer could it!!

Get better soon.

Thats what the mrs said this morning, she works at a school so shes had six weeks off and of course the little one has been off too, I could have had round the clock care lol :)

It will be the end of October before I am good to get back in a car again :(

MovingShadow":3rylpqj2 said:
Break a leg!.. see what I did there? :p

Sorry :oops:

Anyway, hope you get well soon ;)

He he. :)

No worries, I'm full of tablets and the pain has dulled a bit now as I'm playing on the Mac

Sucks about the ankle...

No pictures of the xray? thought it was a must on forums :roll:

I'll ask doc if he can email me one when he gets my notes sent thro tomorrow lol

Hope u get well soon mate

Lucky I wasn't there or I would of been sick. Things like that make me sick

Gutting mate, sounds a sore one! Wishing you a speedy recovery on that one, I know I'd hate to not be able to just get up and drive!

Might as well make the most of the "I can't move, you do it for me" though ;)

funky_d":25ixjdh1 said:
Might as well make the most of the "I can't move, you do it for me" though ;)

True, washing is difficult, a lot of pain, have to balance, can only put my good leg down, and the mrs has been brilliant, I said yesterday, go on, just a little one, and she said what happens if your standing leg goes?

lol :lol:

I told her she's going to have a face like a plasterers radio tomorrow.

Too slow for my liking thanks Drew.

I'm back at hospital tomorrow to have this cast off and look over the wounds etc and check the swelling has gone down.
Then hopefully into my 3rd cast, a proper full one with a bit of luck.

My thigh muscles in my bad leg are nothing now, dead skinny and soft tissued. The other, standing leg, which takes all the strain when Im up and about is like a tree trunk lol.

3 weeks in plaster after tomorrow I hope.
Bored rigid now.

Physically and emotionally very tired.
Dying to get out in the car :(
Cant see that happening til December.