Today's Quick Detail

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well it had been about 3-4 weeks since I'd last washed my gilfriends white 133 so I thought it was due some attention. Fortunately she doesn't do massive mileage so it wasn't too bad.

Firstly I gave the interior a once over. Now although these mats don't look all that great, they are ideal for this time of year. It means the original carpet mats and carpet stays pretty much mint and minimises vacuuming.

3.jpg

Still pretty debris free for nearly a months driving.

4.jpg

Still, out with the Karcher vacuum and removed any remaining dirt lurking in the footwells.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Then gave the interior plastics and door seals a once over with Autoglym Rubber & Vinyl treatment.

8.jpg

9.jpg

It was hard to capture the dirt actually on the car, even though white shows up things like tar spots it doesn't show general grime the car pics up gradually.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Next was giving the wheels a quick covering of Meguiars wheel cleaner.

12.jpg

Then onto the fun bit. Last year I bought a foam lance but just recently bought some Valet Pro PH neutral Snow Foam. Now I’m not 100% sold on how necessary using Snow Foam is but it’s certainly fun. Also, you can see a certain amount of dirt lifting off the car.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

I then rinsed all the foam from the car, which did lift a fair amount of the dirt off the paintwork.

The car was then washed using Chemical Guys Maxi Suds, 2x Meguiars microfiber wash mitts, one bucket for the washing and one with grit guard for rinsing the mitt.

The car was then dried with CleanYourCar.co.uk fluffy microfiber drying towels.

Now although it was sunny, the weather was turning cloudy and it wasn’t going to stay light long enough for a full 2-3 stage detail. So I opted for Dodo Juice Need for Speed. The car needed to be polished but I was worried I wouldn’t have time to get the protection on. This leaves a great finish and has Carnauba wax so at least the paint is protected until I wash it next and apply a proper wax or sealant.

Unfortunately I couldn’t get any decent shots as the sun had gone behind the clouds and it was about 4pm so getting darker.

18.jpg

Girlfriend also had private plate assigned to the car so I fitted them too. Let you guess her first name! lol

21.jpg

22.jpg

She also fancied a couple of stickers that I had lying about so fitted these too –

24.jpg

Also, fitted a shocker sticker but put it on the glass roof. Not something I’ve seen done before but looks pretty cool.

23.jpg

It is a lot of fun I must admit. It's a bit of a novelty really but if it makes the wash even slightly safer then all good.

Plus it does look cool although don't spray it into the wind haha, it goes all over the place.

45 quid for lance and 15 quid for super snow foam well thats what i paid from clean your car when i first got mine like 2 years ago

You can get a Gilmour foam lance that goes onto your hose pipe but I don't know how effective it would be. As for the normal foam lance, you will need a pressure washer.

As Ollie said, it's £45 for the foam lance and then whatever you decide to put it in. The snow foam I bought cost me £20 delivered.

Personally I'd invest in a Karcher pressure washer and then go for the foam lance. A pressure washer is pretty essential so go for that first. :)

Ok ill have a look into a yellow pressure washer. Why do i have to buy people xmas pressies :lol:

hattonperformance":2lw1n0zg said:
nice!! love the roof didnt know you could get these

I believe it's called the Cool Pack which includes the sunroof and climate control.

Must admit it does make the car feel more roomy as it's a lot lighter inside. Also, makes it look like it has a black roof so goes with the black and white theme. :cool:

U can come and wash my gt if u want alex had the car 11 months and it's never been hoovered lol

I thought these cars were meant to be light weight, if you haven't vacuumed it for 11 months it's probably carrying a few kilos of cr*p in the footwells!!!! hahaha.

I tend to clean the cars inside and out each time I give them a wash.

I clean mine inside and out every week to 2 if i dont getthe chance :) bit anal i know but i hate having a dirty car

Nothing better than a clean car though mate. Also very satisfying to know it's going to be looking it's best. Also, with all the harmful crap on the roads in winter and birds aiming your car, it's better to keep it clean.

A clay bare?

I'm not sure if you've got the hang of this mate, when you clay the car, keep your clothes on!!! haha

My bar i ment bare but must pressed to many letters and buttons. I get a bit carryied away some times :lol: