Toxic Fume Filter System Warning Light, flashing- HELP!!!!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke to RUK, lovely guy, he doesnt think it will be covered as they are classed as consumables but is going to check with the garage that my car is at and his technicans and see what there say, so hopefully fingers crossed i wont have to pay £130.00 for spark plugs

I`ve found out the cause of my spark plugs failed............. water in the spark plugs. great!!!!!! so iots not covered under warrenty as it can happen with spark plugs.

they are trying to fob u off me thinks, they will say anything to get out of it. i used to be a warranty assessor with computers, u need to take it somewhere independent and get a report, send it to renault and say cover it! i had to do that when they said my steering wheel was damage. but even so, 128 quid is still mega expensive considering they are £13 each at trade price and it aint an hr labour

u will never get spark plugs under the warranty as they are classed as a wearable item!!!! :evil:

if u can be bothered to kick up enough stick then RUK might pay as renault say they dont need changing until 36k and u havnt done 36k ;)

however id b more bothered that they charged u that much for a plug change :shock: were they hand made, diamond plugs :roll:

and also why or how the hell have u got water in your plug wells??or even worse in the combustion chamber?? :eek:

thats why i said take it somewhere independent and get a report, coz water shouldnt be getting in there no matter what

do u steam your engine? that could explain the water in the plug wells but if it is internal then u got probs

Never washed the engine since ive owed it, i dont understand how water can get in, it was chamber 1 that was faulty, there also had the coil off as well according to the paperwork so it sounds like they spent alot of time messing about. Renault uk were helpfull but he couldnt do anything further to help, as it is considered to be a wear and tear item, lets just say i`m not going back to that garage again ever.