Twingo RS 133 non cup

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XNicolalaX

Reaction score
So I collected my Twingo RS last week. I have photos of how it was when I purchased it, and hopefully I will keep posting pictures of how my progress is going.
Today I have fitted my Xenon headlights and I have had my personalised plates printed (just waiting for my log book to arrive before I can visit the DVLA to put them on).
I put some pictures on later on my lights :)

20130122_165609_zpseeee8e27.jpg

20130122_165648_zpsd9b538e5.jpg

20130122_165704_zps02b8f4a3.jpg

20130122_165712_zpsef7c9d5c.jpg

They should look good :)

I think mine are on with five or six sticky padswhich may be overkill, saves drilling them, or them dropping off/being nicked

one of our local motor factors sells the sticky pads from a roll, 10 for a pound. So using loads wasn't a problem. Much cheaper than Halfords ;)

Nice plates ;) my front one is on 3 vertical strips and has been for months! hard to pull off
But on the diffuser, because of its texture i cant get a good stick from foam pads, so i put one rivet either side, still looks neat :)

singlespeed":1scxdcgk said:
one of our local motor factors sells the sticky pads from a roll, 10 for a pound. So using loads wasn't a problem. Much cheaper than Halfords ;)

I went to Halfords just through curiosity today, (I purchased my Xenon lights from eBay £6.44 for both headlights), Halfords £24.99 for one! Aswell as having to pay £6.99 to have the bulb fitted....EACH! Could not believe it!

BlackTwingo-i":1euqtcex said:
Nice plates ;) my front one is on 3 vertical strips and has been for months! hard to pull off
But on the diffuser, because of its texture i cant get a good stick from foam pads, so i put one rivet either side, still looks neat :)
Thanks very much! :)

Looking good :) headlights look so much better than the standard bulbs!! How long before you decide they aren't good enough and go HID? Lol

lgonzalez":1393wgjw said:
Looking good :) headlights look so much better than the standard bulbs!! How long before you decide they aren't good enough and go HID? Lol

Haha, I'm so tempted to get some! Need to get some extra shifts in at work. Or I could just not pay for my electric and water for a month? ;) Lol!

XNicolalaX":1omryt2f said:
lgonzalez":1omryt2f said:

Haha, I'm so tempted to get some! Need to get some extra shifts in at work. Or I could just not pay for my electric and water for a month? ;) Lol!
I'm not 100% but I'm sure you can get a decent conversion kit for not a massive amount of money, going to start looking into it myself for the Clio ;-)

lgonzalez":176eg739 said:
XNicolalaX":176eg739 said:
lgonzalez":176eg739 said:

I'm not 100% but I'm sure you can get a decent conversion kit for not a massive amount of money, going to start looking into it myself for the Clio ;-)

I had a look briefly and they were around the £200 mark, but that was a very quick search, i'm sure there can be some cheaper! Let me know if you find some cheaper ones :)

XNicolalaX":vxp3q57x said:
lgonzalez":vxp3q57x said:
XNicolalaX":vxp3q57x said:
lgonzalez":vxp3q57x said:

I had a look briefly and they were around the £200 mark, but that was a very quick search, i'm sure there can be some cheaper! Let me know if you find some cheaper ones :)
Wow that's a lot!! I'm pretty sure last time I looked could get some for around £50 but unsure in quality so that's the bit I want to research, but if I find any I'll give you a shout....what bulb figment do you need as mine are H1 I assume yours are H7?

Just ran a quick search on google, and hids4u came up.... Around £100 a set :) they seem to have a good reputation too, reviews I have seen say they have really good build quality too....I would avoid the cheapy ones on eBay no matter how attractive the price as apparently most are made poorly in china, don't fancy risking the electrics in my car for the sake of saving up an extra month lol

lgonzalez":hfskom14 said:
Just ran a quick search on google, and hids4u came up.... Around £100 a set :) they seem to have a good reputation too, reviews I have seen say they have really good build quality too....I would avoid the cheapy ones on eBay no matter how attractive the price as apparently most are made poorly in china, don't fancy risking the electrics in my car for the sake of saving up an extra month lol

Yeah I believe they are H7, oh well £100 is better than £200 lol! Thats much cheaper than I found. I would avoid eBay for the more expensive stuff definitely! Thanks for looking, I'll take a look now. :)

XNicolalaX":2jb93i7p said:
lgonzalez":2jb93i7p said:

Yeah I believe they are H7, oh well £100 is better than £200 lol! Thats much cheaper than I found. I would avoid eBay for the more expensive stuff definitely! Thanks for looking, I'll take a look now. :)
Ah no problem, I'm gna get saving lol. Too much stuff I want for my car :-( all lots and lots I money lmao