Twingo RS Gordini bodykit?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was abit un-necassery, people just like to have a laugh on here, dont take nothing to heart

No blacktwingo haha u know what I mean! Subtlety is key, I like yours and I would like u to come essex and suede mine up haha.

And the cup pack is more then just the suspension, it goes deeper then that.

The cup chassis is a slightly lower ride height (4mm) and stiffened springs and bigger 17" wheels theres nothing that you couldn't do to a normal 133 or gt if you could find a set

Thanks buddy haha, if you came up here could make a day of sueding! Im not cheap.. Lots of chocolate is payment..

Isnt the cup chassis slightly wider and stiffer?
Can i call mine a cup i-music cause i got stiff springs :D?

Twingo-gt-2k8":241ouuea said:
your right the gt spec dont have the cup suspension as standard but i got the cup suspension off a 133 cup and fitted to my car so i would say that is a cup gt, yes it dont have all the stuff missing to make it a cup chassis and aint about 50k lighter than the standard. and i like the look of the rs skirts arches and bumpers which i want to fit to my car, but seeing as tho every 1 just wants to argue off topic about my choice i think i will not look for a supplyer of new parts and take the helpfull advice off hollie and sorce my parts off all you rs owners who cant drive and smash it up, so ppl like me can go to a scrappy and buy the bits i want off your pride and joy that you bent like a *****

Have you got any pictures of your car would be good to see it :)

BlackTwingo-i":1vnhm0kk said:
Thanks buddy haha, if you came up here could make a day of sueding! Im not cheap.. Lots of chocolate is payment..

Isnt the cup chassis slightly wider and stiffer?
Can i call mine a cup i-music cause i got stiff springs :D?

No it's exactly the same with just stiffer springs, dampers, lowered by 4mm more over standard RS and 17" wheels there's nothing else added to make it handle better,

I don't have an RS but I'm sure there's more to it then springs and dampers, it seems wider (without spacers) and I don't see renault doing small changes like spring and dampers only to make the RS different, I think there's more to it then that personally.

And I would blacktwingo but I've spent most of today soundproofing in whatever degree heat! I'm fried lol

I'm comparing a normal RS to a cupped RS they r exactly the same wheelbase width, but over the GT the RS is 60mm wider track than the normal twingos

holliedynamique":2gbhxpi9 said:
Gareth":2gbhxpi9 said:
I think so.. She's got a white wannabe

And? It's not a wannabe I've modded it to how I wanted it to look my own personal taste, u commented on the mats I brought on fb with a sarcastic commemt but I didn't buy them for myself they r for my mums twingo

I mean it in the nicest way, but....

As soon as the rs badges and gear stick and such started being branded rs, it became a wannabe.

holliedynamique":3o4411ok said:
Gareth":3o4411ok said:
I think so.. She's got a white wannabe

And? It's not a wannabe I've modded it to how I wanted it to look my own personal taste, u commented on the mats I brought on fb with a sarcastic commemt but I didn't buy them for myself they r for my mums twingo

I didn't mean to cause offense darling.. I simply asked a question on fb saying isn't it a 1.2.... I'm not an offensive/sarcastic person...

Much love

Yeah that's fine all I'm saying is that the RS is much more different to a GT than just suspension. Hence why when putting RS alloys on a GT u need spacers, as the wheelbase is slightly different.

And going back on topic, aside from ur outburst OP, I'd suggest thinking about it a bit more, coilovers will benefit the GT better (ask waitey and co) and you would be better off spending money on a remap and catback. Just my opinion

Didn't u well It seems that way and to be honest everything I've put on it is nicer than the original stuff dosent mean I want an RS it just looks nicer and improved upon original parts, people on here need to think before they say things as it can be really spiteful and nasty! It just seems to be that if u buy anything RS related you get an instant ear bashing from people saying its a wannabe! My mums got an RS twingo and in all honesty I wouldn't swap it in a million years for my 1.2 as mines got hell of a lot more character and having driven it I'm not that impressed with the power, yes I would love the chassis but that's it

Unless you buy the rs front bumper, rs wings and rear bumper, they wide arches wont fit straight onto the non rs ones because they have holes for them to clip into, same with the fog surround bits

If you have enough money to buy it all then go for it, but could be quite costly! I did actually look into buying them, but didnt think it was worth it for me

Also I thought the 1.2 had no anti roll bar. The rs is 6 cm wider (which isn't insignificant on a car of that size)

So the dampers and springs may add Something but there are bits I dunno how you can add the rest easily.

Plus the brakes, seats and steering wheel all add to make it easier to drive fast.

I can't see the logic of adding all this to a non rs, and I can't see the argument of how a 1.2 is greater than the sum of all the ingredients of an rs

I've driven both a 1.2 and the rs. And in no way did the 1.2 put a smile on my face like the rs. In fact after driving a 1.2 I quickly left Renault for Something else.

That's your opinion though I have access to both and would rather drive mine, it makes me very happy and I was dissapointed with the RS again that's my opinion! In no way does that mean I think it's a rubbish car it just made me realise I would love to have a clio 200 one day as its such a lot different to the car I already have

Can a mod lock this thread plz as there is no point everyone going over the same argument that we have seen on this forum way too many times! Excuse me if anyone thinks I'm being a bit on the touchy side but my grandad has been taken
I'll a year almost to the day my other grandad passed away so seriously not in the mood at the moment!

Nobody said your car wasnt nice hollie, but your car is basicly an rs, so why would you need to swap it, it looks pretty much the same.. Im sure an rs wouldnt be better for the way you drive it, cause if you drove it round tracks and stuff im sure an rs would be much better for you, but the comfort of yours i guess would be more apealing, because of the standard springs and shocks

Unless your some crazy road raged, under/overtaking lunatic, over revving, 3 wheel cornering maniac woman...... :eek:

rear torsion bar on the rear axle. Hubs and discs for wider track.
Front wishbones for wider track and uprights for 280mm discs
Front anti roll bar.
Spring rate and ride height
Damper rate.
Steering rack?

Just some of the differences between a 1.2 and the RS.

I'm sure the body panels could be fitted if you want, with spacers or different offset wheels as required.

BTW. How come making an R2 replica etc is fine, but teddies get thrown if its a tidy 1.2 with some RS bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.