Twingo133.net Folding@Home Team!!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump.

I've just set this up on my new laptop. Dual core 2.67Ghz and 6gig of ram, so it should be a bit quicker than the previous one which took ages to do anything itself, let alone extra folding in it's spare time.

1st new work unit has 2000 steps :(

weebob":1vd16xry said:
Excelent Neil.

Thought this was beginning to die a death.
I had to un-install folding from my last laptop, as it wasn't happy comming out of any power saving modes and took ages to complete any WU. Then again, the spec was prety much geared for battery life which I'm missing already :?

21/2000 in the first hour :)

7% of the WU in 5 hours and looking at the performance monitor, I'm only about 30% of the avaliable processor and memory usage most of the time whilst having some tunes Lightroom, CS4 and too many web pages open. That's running the basic client, so a simple run and forget (except I added FaH to the startup list of programs to save me forgetting to run it :? )

6353357313_101c76ab95_b_d.jpg

So, if anyone has their modest or super PC/laptop on for a few hours a day, it is unlikely you would notice your computers efforts in fighting disease.

Still moving up, now with a team ranking of 12234 of 207269, from our modest number of folders.

https://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=0210349

For anyone that hasen't got a clue what this is about, have a look on the first page at Weebobs introduction which can be summed up as...
DrDrew":d0vi9w0l said:
It's a distributed computing mechanism. Rather than having to crunch a big simulation on one massive super computer - if you can get enough people to volunteer their computers then you can do lots of distributed calculations over different machines instead.

However, each new PC will need to take at relative chunk, as it takes time for the initial scheduling to incorporate a new machine.

So in simple terms - instead of using one machine with 500 processor cores, you can use 501 PCs with 1 processor core each and distribute the work around, for example.

Well I have hardly had it running tbh just haven't had time allways on the iPad or the XBOX latley.

singlespeed":25f32a6e said:
weebob":25f32a6e said:
Cracking on!

We need more peoples!
Leanne, James... What has happened?
Apologies I haven't had the ps3 on in months! and the pc one went tits up! taking forever! I will have to scrap it and re-download

Leanne":2qb7j10e said:
singlespeed":2qb7j10e said:
weebob":2qb7j10e said:
Cracking on!

We need more peoples!
Apologies I haven't had the ps3 on in months! and the pc one went t**s up! taking forever! I will have to scrap it and re-download
You can delete the work unit, which would probably be invalid and re-issued to other folders by now. Which operating system and which folding client are you running, then I'll have a dig to find out which files to delete. Or, just uninstall and re-install the client.

singlespeed":3tv5n88l said:
Leanne":3tv5n88l said:
singlespeed":3tv5n88l said:
weebob":3tv5n88l said:
Cracking on!

We need more peoples!
Apologies I haven't had the ps3 on in months! and the pc one went t**s up! taking forever! I will have to scrap it and re-download
You can delete the work unit, which would probably be invalid and re-issued to other folders by now. Which operating system and which folding client are you running, then I'll have a dig to find out which files to delete. Or, just uninstall and re-install the client.
Weebob told me what I had to do ages ago I kinda just forgot about it. If I rememeber/ sober enough I will take a look later this eve. and let you know whats going on with it. It's prabably me just being ditzy! :lol:

You got it sorted?

I have managed to leave my work laptop folding since I have been off for crimbo, off since the 14th, so that should be racking up the units

Ahhh no! I'd forgotten about it yet again!! Right I promise I will have a look into it over the xmas period as it looks like I am going to have a fair bit of free time. Might even get a chance to get the PS3 getting some units done while I kill stuff on the xbox :lol:

right chaps, not forgotten, just having a go now, the ps3 is ticking over nicely. :D now to get the laptop back on form hopefully uninstall and reinstall will do the trick.

Leanne":1qzc5zbe said:
right chaps, not forgotten, just having a go now, the ps3 is ticking over nicely. :D now to get the laptop back on form hopefully uninstall and reinstall will do the trick.
Bang goes my chance of catching up on the points score :roll:

Oh well, it's all good :mrgreen:

Over the past month, we have moved up a bit :)
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 11336 of 208243

Although points and rankings are good to watch relative to other teams, the overall goal for every team (or individual) is working on protein folding simulations. This is what it's all about
[youtube]Pjt1Q2ZZVjA[/youtube]

Testing all the model simulations that are curently being worked on would take a raft of super computers years to accomplish. However, distributed across thousands of processors, the work can be processed much quicker which is helping researchers look into cures for many diseases which will probably be affecting or have affected someone you know.