Vauxhall Adam S - Twingo rival ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesw

Reaction score
Just had glance at piston heads reporting back from the Geneva motor show about the new vauxhall range and noticed this little number

4ynynuru.jpg

ene6ute5.jpg

Looks on paper to be pretty decent.
1.4-litre turbo, 148bhp and 162lb.ft of torque, Front wheel drive, 3 door. Suppose to have sportier suspension plus massive 18" wheels.

What do you guys think ?

Could be nippy, will handle like a bag of spanners knowing Vauxhall...

Against the new twingo that's due to be released yes this will be better. Apart from the stupid 18" alloys.

Didn't use to like these, but after seeing one everyday(person at my gym has one) they've grown on me!
Should be quick enough, wonder how much a remap would gain? ;)

it's not the ugliest of cars but certainly not pretty. the 1.4 turbo sounds pretty lively though, small engines + turbo tickles my fancy as much as any godzilla type car does but perhaps that's just me. i don't think that vauxhall will ever produce a car that even momentarily commands my attention!

It has the VXR suspension setup and I'm guessing will also have the m32 6 speed box so slap a LSD in a good m32 and it'll handle well lol.

1.4turbo is the same in the corsa black edition but a different tune oh it also has recaro CS sportster seats in, potential to be very good as there's already a black edition 1.4turbo corsa running 204bhp, the Adam is marmite on looks though just as the new twingo is :lol:

Photoshop a diffuser blade onto the bottom of the Adam S boot, remove the rear brake lights and back box and you have the front end of the facelift twingo rs haha. Copycats

markhardy":5oty2ss1 said:
Photoshop a diffuser blade onto the bottom of the Adam S boot, remove the rear brake lights and back box and you have the front end of the facelift twingo rs haha. Copycats
Thought that lol

a3y5uja6.jpg
ru3umave.jpg
era7u3up.jpg
y6yba7e5.jpg
e2unaba8.jpg

Looks better than the new twingo yet to be released and atleast it has a better engine :lol:

They have raided the parts bin from the corsa VXR though

i like the seats they would suit perfectly in my twingo :D the rest is meh

waitey":3riww509 said:
GhostZ":3riww509 said:
i like the seats they would suit perfectly in my twingo :D the rest is meh
I can confirm the seats are REALLY REALLY comfy and well supportive :D

You should buy some and fit them ;)

what type are they recaro .... something ?

That's only 8lbft torque off the regular Corsa VXR models (excluding Burg and Clubsport).
It's a safe bet it'll be much quicker than the 133 - Even the Abarth. It's Abarth Essesse esque

And they look like Recaro Sportster CS