Vauxhall Adam S - Twingo rival ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GhostZ":1unz876w said:
waitey":1unz876w said:
GhostZ":1unz876w said:
i like the seats they would suit perfectly in my twingo :D the rest is meh
I can confirm the seats are REALLY REALLY comfy and well supportive :D

You should buy some and fit them ;)

what type are they recaro .... something ?

maggi200":1unz876w said:
That's only 8lbft torque off the regular Corsa VXR models (excluding Burg and Clubsport).
It's a safe bet it'll be much quicker than the 133 - Even the Abarth. It's Abarth Essesse esque

And they look like Recaro Sportster CS

Hey and Arctics!! We have 204bhp standard ;) basically same power as the burg but not as good in general lol

Recaro sportster CS, expensive but well worthit ;);)

No I'm sure I got that right... 170lbft for the Arctic too?

In fact I've just checked and (without causing a fight...) Parkers also list it at 204hp and 230nm/170lbft

maggi200":19ynqimk said:
No I'm sure I got that right... 170lbft for the Arctic too?

In fact I've just checked and (without causing a fight...) Parkers also list it at 204hp and 230nm/170lbft

Well good thing when this comes out I'll already be running more power ;)

maggi200":ieih0fcb said:
Will the gearbox cope with the extra power?

It's what's stopping me remap mine lol

Same box as in the Astra VXR just a shorter 6th gear and they have more power than me ;) it'll last but just needs mechanical sympathy like Clio 200 boxes

maggi200":e3s5bbzb said:
Will the gearbox cope with the extra power?

It's what's stopping me remap mine lol

recon you'd be more than fine to remap it for better throttle response and driveability, being a turbo the transmission will be built to cope with high torque after all a gearbox is nothing more than a torque reduction mechanism. when the 197/200 boxes went shot dude, it was never actually the gears themselves that had a problem it was thrust bearings and the synchromesh / layshafts being chewed by overly spirited drivers. with electronic engagement in your EDC i don't believe you'd ever see that problem you lucky boy :D

It's rated to 280nm I believe, although renaultsport are being coy about what they've changed other than it can take a bit more. The superchips map jumps from 240 to 320nm. I'm tempted for £400 tbh lol

would that be the full 320 nm in power / track mode ? depending on how much you use that setting, i think you could be okay. i have to say i would have thought the remaps for such a new car would be a hell of a lot more than 400 so that's a pretty good price and with superchips at least they know their stuff, no doubt this will have been road tested and the power will have been put down perfectly something like that?