Warranty Claims

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggi200

Reaction score
So a list with documentation for you all. RUK will be linked this along with the dealer to know what to expect :)

So the car was new in March 2011. Mostly motorway miles with a few nice drives but nothing major. Done 19,000 miles (well 18,900) and this is a list of issues which I fully expect RUK to sit up and listen to and sort out.

Top Mounts. Now its not overly noticeable but with the wheels on full lock the top mounts are obviously rubbish. And do not sit right at all. I did notice it felt a bit wooly but assumed it was the balljoints (coming up ;) )

DSC05365.jpg

DSC05364.jpg

DSC05363.jpg

Next lower ball joints. Again just poor quality

nearside:

DSC05355.jpg

DSC05357.jpg

DSC05354.jpg

offside:

DSC05351.jpg

DSC05352.jpg

DSC05353.jpg

Then theres the issue with the headlamp. No main beam offside. It is not the bulbs so presumerably the wiring. Renault claimed it was me not knowing how to change a bulb!

Then we have the nice big one. The coil packs that packed in due to water dripping from a faulty scuttle panel which now leaves me having to get 4 new plugs and replacing whichever packs are corroded, again, I have to hope RUK allow this under warranty as it clearly is a design issue

This packed in 130 miles away from home

5574d016.jpg

0eb8689c.jpg

The leak causing it

DSC05361.jpg

Clear to see how the damage happened here too

DSC05362.jpg

Where the water comes through

DSC05346.jpg

DSC05344.jpg

DSC05348.jpg

These problems really are not good. Hopefully they all get done under warranty for you mate however this is a nice little check list . Mines going to Renault next Saturday as my balljoints look very similar to yours do going to get the other stuff checked at the same time to see if I have similar problems beens though they seem to be common faults.

If they don't sort it out.. Put a sensibly offer in for my focus ;)

Just checked my suspension mounts and they do the same- are they ment to spin when you spin the steering wheel?

Like this:

opposite steering lock (hard right)

IMG00256-20120625-2118-Copy.jpg

Hard left lock

IMG00255-20120625-2117.jpg

Does that look broken? (I put the tape on to illustrate the spinning )

oh no! mine feels okay - but its always been a bit wooly on the steering - presumed it was just how they drove.

Best get it booked in to renault before the warranty runs out. This may be a silly question (I dont know much about stuff like this) but are they meant to sit completely still?

Right okay - thanks for pointing this issue out to me. I will get it booked straight in for a check up. Hate to think what it would be doing while driving.

As has been pointed out to me though they're meant to move and it needs to have excessive play. Tbh I'm not entirely sure whats excessive as I've never had a car do that before. And this Is more than before. Mine then a lot and there's a small knocking which I assumed was ball joints. Worth checking though

True - better to get it checked while its free to fix if necessary, might get an exciting courtesy car out of it!

maggi112":7joo56pc said:
As has been pointed out to me though they're meant to move and it needs to have excessive play. Tbh I'm not entirely sure whats excessive as I've never had a car do that before. And this Is more than before. Mine then a lot and there's a small knocking which I assumed was ball joints. Worth checking though
The top hats will rotate with the steering as they are the top of the strut assembly. There function it to prevent the strut from dropping out of the inner wing when theres no weight on the wheels

There will be some lift of the tophats when they turn, as the angle of the strut and strut top will change slightly relative to the body, being as the axle assembly of hub carrier and strut is rotating about the top mount thrust bearing and the lower balljoint but the strut itself isn't inline with these two points of rotation

Dam I posted this on tapatalk and it looked in focus on my iphone!

I did the screw on the scuttle panel up las night and it actually seems to have stopped the leaking/dripping. Just a headsup, I will also post in the appropriate threa

I just contacted renault Watford. Andrew on services helpful, polite and chatty as always. And a pleasure to deal with (not all gloom ;) )

Courtesy car organised. Here's hoping they suddenly have a v6 but i suspect it'll be nearer to the ford ka I had last time (no bad thing when it did 80 mpg on the way home)

He mentioned a nice lady (Hayley) from RUK had already been in touch and he had told her the coil I took in looked 3 years old, not representative of the few miles my car has realistically travelled. So promising.

d5cde8a2-1786-ebe7.jpg

Worst. Courtesy. Car. Ever.

Once again I was told 'well see' about it being covered whilst seeking clarification from the garage.

And the questions I was faced when telling them I need to see all parts removed. 'why would you want to do that sir'?

What's that a spark maggz lol

Well when my oxygen sensor went they didn't even change it like they said so u have every right to see/keep the parts

I know. His line was 'we package them up and send them to RUK so you can't'

I informed him I was documenting this all with RUK and suddenly I'm allowed to. SHould just be done tbh. Honda used to do it with me. Why can't they? ALso... they never offered a courtesy car i had to chase for one. IN fact everyone there today and I was the only one with one

I have to pay for a car from my Reno they get there's from enterprise for £25 a day. As soon as I check mine again Saturday I will mail u the pix of the condition so u can put it all in the case file

It's also an enterprise car. Considering Watford told me theyre a premium garage on the basis they're within the m25... So can charge top rates.... It's not how it should be. They do need to learn a lot about customer services

Well I've just had to chase renault watford to ask where my car is at. And they won't be finished today, however, not a courtesy call to inform me of this. In fact they were surprised I even called it seemed.