Warranty Claims

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggi112":2rhp2ggo said:
Well I've just had to chase renault watford to ask where my car is at. And they won't be finished today, however, not a courtesy call to inform me of this. In fact they were surprised I even called it seemed.

I hate that kind of response whenever I've got it. You mean you want to know when you can have your car back, and you expected us to tell you it won't be when we said it might be?

So it's gone down hill. I called and Samantha tol me my car as in the workshop and they were awaiting the sign off from the technician and as I was 5 mins away I thought I would take the chance to take a look. It wasn't. It hasn't been looked at and Andrew on services told me thr it hadn't seen a workshop all day as on the day of was booked to be seen the garage was busy. This isn't good enough as now I'm in this car for the weekend doing a 300 mile trip I don't want to do in it, it physically doesn't feel right.

They also questioned my use of the car, it's never seen a Race track other than the stand at Donington for fcs. And they're already trying not to do the mot failure ball joints which are a well known fault on the twingo.

Renault - sort it out! I expect someone to sort this tomorrow. Unfortunately by the time I found out Ruk had shut.

That's not good. Having one person out and out lie is a pain. Hope this is rectified quickly, but it's not good you have to do the weekend trip in the Chevrolet

So Hayley from RUK contacted me this morning to apologise in regards to no one updating me yesterday and to cover the additional costs I might incur and a promise she will chase them around 11 to find out the report and authorise the work.

Have to say though, Andrew at watford can't do enough to help and is a top bloke. Just Samantha who sometimes answers the phone is the problem!

And contact!

Renault have agreed to replace all 4 coils and sparks. THIS TIME ONLY. As it's NOT a recognised fault.

But per my request the symptom has been sorted and the cause has been treated. So it has now been sealed.

They have also fixed the headlamp (not sure how yet) and the ball joints will be replaced under warranty. Again, not a recognised issue with the 133 according to RUK.

So no cost to me. But no 133 till tuesday.

Glad it's all getting sorted for you.

maggi112":1s1noimo said:
and the ball joints will be replaced under warranty. Again, not a recognised issue with the 133 according to RUK.

I have no idea how this is not a recognised issue from RUK's point of view. Back when I had mine done the garage I use was pestering RUK because they'd seen several 133s with the problem, and that was just over a year ago now.

Yeah not impressed with the response. Obviously happy my car is being fixed at no cost to me, but their view is its being done as a favour to me! When it's not, it's their responsibility as a manufacturer to honour the warranty.

I'm also not sure what to expect about the work that's actually been carried out also and I will be checking and double checking it all.

Did you get any update on your car today so you can get out of that blue "car"

Haha you must be joking... Like they would actually call me! I can't see how it takes this long to change 2 arms and 4 spark plugs...

Can't wait to get rid of this piece of poo Chevy

Think of the positives. The piece of poo chevy could outrun a veyron, if it was a 1 full tank till empty run. Cause its a chevy, you can pretend it's a really fast muscle car...much like 133 owners imagine they were in a 501bhp megane.

Well now spoken to Renault uk who say it will be ready this afternoon as originaly agreed (I was told it would be a 1 day turn around).

My issue is... They had 3 days warning it was going in and what for. Why weren't parts available.

They had it a full 24 hours before to inspect it and then order parts

They claim they weren't aware the lower arms need changing to change ball joints

They also agreed today as a pick up date between themselves

I don't understand why you book a car in and leave it so long? It should have gone in Thursday parts changed and come back Friday latest.

They also claim Renault Watford is one of their best dealers....

I also remembered they tried to charge me for parts that don't exist on my car and when I ask them to show me what they replaced they can't.

So this time when I said I want to inspect every item that is removed they got very defensive and everyone has asked me 'well why on earth would you want to do that'

Is that unreasonable to expect to see them?

NO!!!!!

Customers can see old parts just cant take them away if being replaced under warrenty as they go back to RUK.

We have customers that like to see the state of the broken/fail part so they know what has happened.

Exactly... but everytime I've told them I want to they seem like I've just pulled my pants down and flapped my willy in their face.

I understand it has to go back but I've not asked to bloody keep it, I've asked to inspect and document the items!

So I finally have my car back, after what can only be 2-3 hours maximum to carry out the work.

The fix:

DSC05373.jpg

DSC05377.jpg

appears the scutle may have been removed during the fix as the wiper arm was making a noise like a spring loading up, which i mentioned to the guy. He asked to have the car back even longer, but until I speak to renault uk to find out if someone else can carry the work out I politely declined)

what really topped it off and miffed me off was this:

DSC05372.jpg

the wiper arm cover has been snapped. In fact I could see the two clips on top of the engine when I really looked. How do some people just not care about their work?!

DSC05371.jpg

But importantly the coils and sparks are now renewed and the car feels like a new car again.

DSC05375.jpg

DSC05366.jpg

Best condition:

DSC05368.jpg

And across

DSC05367.jpg

If it wasn't rainin I might have documented the ball joints are now new. But I could only afford a glance under the car to ensure they were in fact there and shiney new arms.

So off to renault uk to ask how they suggest I proceed with a new wiper arm cover, since it will NOT be going anywhere near renault watford again.

Constant battle to find out when i might expect my car back, and the clear lack of organisation and communication left me frustrated. Followed by the blatant lies to keep a customer off their backs.

Even telling me how my car had things replaced on its last service which aren't even fitted to a cup. And trying to charge me for them... I thought it was perhaps samantha at the service desk merely getting confused. Won't be making that mistake again