Weebob 'Wingo's Progress Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebob

Reaction score
Hello, This is the first ever progress thread I have ever done so bare with me.

To do list
- headunit (done)
- air filter (done)
- stupid orange blubs (done)
- de-Twingo (done)
- reinforce boot floor
- RS Knob & gator + hand break gubbins
- RS spoiler (done)
- Exhaust
- New tires / alloys
- decent set of front pads

In the first week I changed the head unit. Just wanted USB in and I dont really see the point with spending a lot on adding decent audio to something that has the acoustic properties of a bean can.

So £100 worth of Kenwoods cheapest (Kenwood KDC-455UW)

IMG_0170%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

Bugger all room behind it for the wiring and I cocked up to stalk controls so they currently dont work. Sounds a hell of a lot better than the standard head unit. I know some will scoff at not bunging a decent one it but it will do the job.

New air filter.

The old one didnt look too bad initially

IMG_0247%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

however on the norrower part, where i presume more air is being sucked in it was pretty caked, I do think it had been in for more than the 1500 miles since its last service :(

IMG_0248%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

Opted for a Green one, bought from Kam racing

IMG_0249%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

Feels well put together.

I did notice the car was a lot smooth and a slight more induction noise, probably as the engine can now breath

Time to get rid of the eggs, thanks to josh for supplying the silvertek blubs.

Before
IMG_0268%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

IMG_0270%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

After
IMG_0269%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

TripleJay":3pw4fge1 said:
dyno looks like factory provided. :shock: Good job!
First car I have owned that was bang on the money. Except my meg 1.9dci that was up on stock.

matbry01":2dzijvib said:
133.5 hmmm so it is running at 133 ! :p
From what I remember on twingooc there seemed a fair few that were down on power, glad this isn't one of them

Managed to get the 'ING' from the 'TWINGO' sticker on the boot off with a jet wash. I now have a 'TW O'. Looks like the debadging decision has been made for me.

4d60b4e3-1e82-dcb7.jpg

Cars gone in today (only for the second time since I bought it) for them to attempt to sort the kangaroo'ing out.

It seems to of got progressively worse, at first I thought it was some bad petrol but does the same no matter what I put in. When cold if you put your foot down it lurches about all over the place, if you dont put you foot down it can nearly cut out. At idle (fast idle) it hunts about from 1k to about 2300rpm. The oddest thing I have had it do is at idle if you tap the throttle, it will stick at about 2500rpm for about 5-7 seconds and slowly, very slowly come back down to around 1k.

Anyway, its in at Co-op Blackpool and I await their call.

That sounds like a throttle position sensor issue, I had that on the civic.

Its done, ready to be picked up "reflash of the injection computer"... Will see what it says on the report sheet as to more details.

Co-op Blackpool, excellent service as always.

Soooo...

Been remapped (reflashed etc) by Renault and its made quite a difference, no lumpyness at idle, no nearly stalling, no kangarooing about. The job sir is a good'en!