What colour wheels to buy?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanPaul7

Reaction score
So I am changing my wheels from the 17" gloss black cup ones to some 15" ones and have been browsing the interwebs tonight for some nice ones.
I quite fancy some white wheels and think it would look good on my red car with the black spoiler and mirrors... my girlfriend says otherwise...
What do you lot think?
Also does anyone have any good/bad experience with Team Dynamics wheels?

Im going to be annoying and agree with your girlfriend ;) I like the alloys you have got already! Dont change to white

I guess that's 2 against 1 so far :roll:
I like the ones I have now but 17" wheels on the Twingo seems pointless when the tyres are basically painted on :lol:

there is no other white bits on teh car so would look out of place,

i know its a bit boring but black and red is best option. cant u got for a black 15" :p

They would look great on a red car. I have them in 17" but I think they come in 16" too.

OZ_SUPERTURISMO-WRC_111.jpg

DanPaul7":1798ogsr said:
I guess that's 2 against 1 so far :roll:
I like the ones I have now but 17" wheels on the Twingo seems pointless when the tyres are basically painted on :lol:
Agreed especially with the current state of the roads hence I'm currently looking at white team dynamic 15" too

Team Dynamics wheels are actually pretty decent and look much better in silver. I would only go for Pro Race 1.2s personally though.

What about Rotas? Some 15" or 16" Grids in bronze really suit red cars

grid_on_civic_coupe.jpg

I'm also interested in this topic as thinking of changing the wheels on my Gordini with the blue inserts - 17" is killing me with all the pot holes out here in the sticks.

I also agreed, white would not be a good colour match.

Might seem a silly question but do new wheels come with tyres?

DanPaul7":jdymqzkf said:
You can normally choose to buy with or without tyres
True, normally sites will show price for the alloys as well as "wheel and tyre package"
Normally the packages will work out cheaper than sourcing the tyres yourself.

I wouldn't go proper aftermarket. Doesn't matter what the car is, but it often ends up too 'fast n furious'

OEM+ is the way forward. So I'd be looking at 182 alloys, or 172 cups in black.
With the 133 I personally feel 2 colours and stick to it, they start to look odd with 3 or more colours going on, depending on the colours of course. Red and black simply looks awesome

Well I did something stupid... I went and got white wheels despite what you all said, I guess i'm stubborn and was hoping you would all agree with white so my girlfriend would feel a bit better ;)
I'm probably going to change the black car bits to white so it stays as a 2 colour rather than 3. Even though the top of the steering wheel is already white and it sticks out like a sore thumb lol

Tbh 3 colours can work if done right, what wheels did you go for in the end?
Just clean them regularly and you won't get too much stubborn gritty particles in the wheels

Why not change the black bits to red?

Brother in law has a Milano red EP3 but has chosen white wheels instead of the usual black

The only white on his car is the wheels with mirrors and interior being red, and I love how it looks as the colours work well together.

Oh and also, red and black is so chav nowadays thanks to 'limited edition' corsa's. :p

Friedchicken91":7n8pbzob said:
what wheels did you go for in the end?
I went for Team Dynamics Monza R 15" wheels.

waitey":7n8pbzob said:
Why not change the black bits to red?
Don't you think the car would like a bit to red then?
I'm really hoping they will look as good as I imagine with the black bits but if not then I will have to photoshop it red to see what it looks like.

Well here they are, i'm quite pleased with how they look actually. Cars on a slope that's why there's such a gap.
2lntvmp.jpg

Not 100% on the silver centre but it could be changed. Any opinions?

DanPaul7":2gylwzci said:
Well here they are, i'm quite pleased with how they look actually. Cars on a slope that's why there's such a gap.
2lntvmp.jpg

Not 100% on the silver centre but it could be changed. Any opinions?

Get the spoiler and wing mirrors white!!