What have you just ordered?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, well I called from work and gave them my cellphone number to get back to me but I gave the wrong areacode but somehow they found me on my fixed phone at work and our internal numbers are protected.

@ rcr484

Not sure what to expect. All he said on the phone that it was a big improvement.

One of the big problems for the GT engine is heating.
When I remapped my car the guys said the same thing. Nice increase but it kinda runs out of puff because it gets too hot.

MovingShadow":1j9xoicb said:
Lol, well I called from work and gave them my cellphone number to get back to me but I gave the wrong areacode but somehow they found me on my fixed phone at work and our internal numbers are protected.

@ rcr484

Not sure what to expect. All he said on the phone that it was a big improvement.

One of the big problems for the GT engine is heating.
When I remapped my car the guys said the same thing. Nice increase but it kinda runs out of puff because it gets too hot.

Can second on the heat front... It's mentally hot under my bonnet sometimes.

Thread revival, surely some of you are buying things for your twingos :cool:

New spark plugs and sidelights, booked the car in for an aircon clean and regas, and had to rearrange tomorrows booking with ste at scautoelectrics for a coolant and brake fluid change.

I haven't *just* ordered it (did it approx 3 weeks ago) but the last thing I ordered was a new Seat Ibiza Cupra, in Emocion red

funky_d":mv488cre said:
I haven't *just* ordered it (did it approx 3 weeks ago) but the last thing I ordered was a new Seat Ibiza Cupra, in Emocion red
1.4 tsi 180bhp ?? if so just watch out for the oil level. 2 of my mates have 180bhp tsi's one has a cupra 2011 other has a gti 2012 both have under 30k miles and both are doing 2lt of oil every 1500 miles !!

sam666":2kdzq5d2 said:
funky_d":2kdzq5d2 said:
1.4 tsi 180bhp ?? if so just watch out for the oil level. 2 of my mates have 180bhp tsi's one has a cupra 2011 other has a gti 2012 both have under 30k miles and both are doing 2lt of oil every 1500 miles !!

That's the one yeah!

I am aware of the oil problems - my dad had a candy white Bocanegra and after all the to-ing and fro-ing from the garage it turned out it was using about 1ltr every 400 miles. And after various parts replaced and a new engine later, the same oil problem persisted, and it also didn't feel as quick and was worse on fuel lol.

Thing is though his was a late 2010 model which still had the old CAVE engine which was the main culprit in the oil issue. The updated CTHE lump has came in all brand new cars as of last year and from what I've read, is generally much better. Some oil thirsty ones still occasionally appear but it's a lot less than before. Fingers crossed anyway lol

Accidentally just ordered a momo boss kit and a 300mm omp steering wheel. Finally got round to ditching the bus wheel

1 x bimarco futura bucket seat.

See how it fits before ordering the second one.

Callum-stirling":30oyhpwm said:
BC Racing Fully Adjustable Coilovers :O Arriving tomorrow arhhhhhhhh sooo exited hahah

I've typed the order email to my local dealer for these. Just have to find the courage to send it :( .

maggi112":kuo0fgyf said:
Did you order from dc or did you go direct?

I got them from Corby motorsport, £684 which was the cheapest I could find ordered last night, delivery tomorrow. They are open 10-10 7 days a week haha, the bloke was really nice on the phone.

maggi112":voja5l04 said:
Do they stock them?

When I checked bc had to send them to the retailer and then from the retailer to me. And it was BC who held it up after an initial delivery estimate

Yh he said he was doubtful that he had any in stock so he was really surprised when his computer showed he did :) but yes he does stock a lot I think

some of this! got to rat the inside out a little bit once i remove all the interior trim and carpets, colour co-ordination isn't something that you'll find in my car. we have all the colours of the rainbow don't we? :D
griptape_orange_18.jpg