White twingo dynamique

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Courtney":1io8mlb0 said:
I noticed this morning after the rain that I got a bit of polish on the surround by the wing mirror, and a bit on the stripes on the bonnet. Presumably intense scrubbing with shampoo will get it off?! :-(

I would go for light wiping first

Courtney":2gg8kq46 said:
I noticed this morning after the rain that I got a bit of polish on the surround by the wing mirror, and a bit on the stripes on the bonnet. Presumably intense scrubbing with shampoo will get it off?! :-(

Chemical guy's wet trim gel will get polish/wax off of textured plastics so is perfect for the wing mirror plastic.

maggi112":3vg24udx said:
I would go for (on the textured trim) a tooth brush with some alcohol (so if you've got some glass cleaner). THat'll get rid :)
Windolene? :lol: or something stronger?

(sorry Hollie for spamming your progress thread ;-))

maggi112":1ribr9iv said:
Sorry, but it it's a dressing. it won't clean/remove anything! It will dress and cover it... it needs to be applied to a clean surface for the best effect...

Must be imaging the results I've had for the past 3 years of using it then.

Ok, went and got a toothbrush, and ill try the window cleaner when i get chance :)

Wicked, lemme know how you get on :) the best solution is, as always, prevention. If you don't trust yourself to avoid them areas, tape it up with low tack tape first. We've all done it though, and it's one of the best solutions i've come up with. Just make sure to put the toothbrush back before your brother/sister/dad/mum notices ;)

Haha, well its only the second time i had polished the car, and i was trying to rush coz the heavens were near to opening and i wanted to at least get that done, got a little bit on and it didnt show up so i thought to myself in my wise wisdom... oh if i get it on there its not such a problem... which it isnt just means i have to now look like a loon scrubing my car with a toothbrush.. my neighbours already think im crazy for washing it more than every three months like them :lol:

:lol: forget em, mine talk about me. Then when I had a few nice cars on the drive recently (my car parked next to an audi TTRS next to an abarth 500) they took an interest! Next up DB9 and to follow something begining with f and ending in errari :D

The alcohol in the window cleaner should disolve the product residue quite effectively, the tooth brush to ensure it reaches all the gaps in textured trim, it may require a small amount of scrubbing.

Courtney":3j36txtf said:
A good quality rubber !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a few updates, I recieved my RS front badge off Josh on Thursday, so have put it on the front vinyl area, makes it look better now having something there :)
I've also added some rear LED Numberplate bulbs, here's a pic:
c19c3fd7.jpg

not the best quality pic but looks so much better now, they were difficult to fit though, the old bulbs were wedged in and then these were difficult to get in! Guessing cos the clips r so new on the car
I also added my much loved dodo juice sticker to the back of my car lol
a7a42b9e.jpg

And as I was so bored yesterday I went and took a few snaps with the RS twingo and megane at the local showroom :)
a3003112.jpg

Hopefully will have a few more mods in a couple of months, going to have a break now to save up for some alloys in august time

Here are a few recent pictures of my car from today, getting it ready for its first car show tomorrow modified mania in Devon (cannot wait) :)
I put 2 coats of wax on and sealed the paint after, also darkened the plastics as they were looking as bit dull

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

Having my rear diffuser taken off in two weeks time as its booked in with Renault to be sprayed gloss metallic black to match the spoiler, made the decision to have this done after it was noticably fading quite badly even though its never really sat in the sun

Look what I have got now!!! Cannot wait to have them fitted tomorrow by my friend who works for Renault :) also got the RS Handbrake cover coming next week and my diffuser booked in for tuesday! Been a bit quite lately due to work commitments and my grandad passing away :(
0d2c09e4.jpg

dbf4823d.jpg

84ec5078.jpg