Winter is coming

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hrabroslav

Reaction score
As I didnt manage to homologate 15'' wheels I bought 16'' Speedline Marmoras for my winter wheels, I received them two days ago and today I recieved the winter tires (Conti TS850).

Here's the new look of my 133:

20131107-dsc4827-2.jpg

I have it for 5 moths now and after 13k km I'm still always excited to drive it :)

Very nice chunky tyres too, I might have to get myself some too worried about my low profiles just need a dirt cheap pair of wheels

Winter wheels for me would be steelies with good winter tyres on, what's the point in good alloys for winter as you can't drive fast at all when the weather starts to worsen.

They are nice wheels :cool:

although as above, what's the point in bad weather?

You don't have to slum it, just because it is winter - and anyway, no wheels are faster than others, but they can look good (see picture above). :cool:

When I'll wore out original 17'' tires I'll be also running summer tires on these 16'' wheels. Also it feels a bit wrong to me to put steelies on 133 :).

Hrabroslav":4skujvtz said:
My Twingo's now ready to take us skiing.

20131219-dsc5146.jpg

:eek: is that roof rack pricey ? cause i maybe want to buy one for my snowboard ? cause it is a bit to long to fit inside the boot :D

Roof rack is original Renaults one and I got it for about 120€. Skis mount is about 100€ new one but I got used one for 40€.

How far apart are you "foot mounts" on your board?

Because my friends one barely fits and it's worth checking if your can actually fit as Twingos roof is quite short.

GhostZ":e3sdibzf said:
Hrabroslav":e3sdibzf said:

20131219-dsc5146.jpg

:eek: is that roof rack pricey ? cause i maybe want to buy one for my snowboard ? cause it is a bit to long to fit inside the boot :D
That will look awesome! Stanced pictures with roof rack and Snowboard looks Hellaflush! :p
Too bad a roof rack doesn't fit on the Wind.

MovingShadow":3qg0xsid said:
GhostZ":3qg0xsid said:
Hrabroslav":3qg0xsid said:

20131219-dsc5146.jpg

That will look awesome! Stanced pictures with roof rack and Snowboard looks Hellaflush! :p
Too bad a roof rack doesn't fit on the Wind.

i can fix that just need a drill and a couple of rivets :D

Today I hide my camera inside the rear mirror box thingie so it's not that visible. I still need to get a longer charging cable so I can hide it under the roof carpet, down by the pillar and to the power supply.

20140122-dsc5182.jpg

20140122-dsc5168.jpg

What camera have you used? I'm thinking about the really small camera which has been getting good reviews ( but I can't remember the name right now. £40ish I think it costs)

markhardy":23ue5z13 said:
What camera have you used? I'm thinking about the really small camera which has been getting good reviews ( but I can't remember the name right now. £40ish I think it costs)

I bought this one:
Hrabroslav":23ue5z13 said:
I finally received Mobius camera, for £40 i'm extremely satisfied. I don't have much footage yet only a sample clip of a Clio overtaking me on the wrong side (I thought it has to be mention as this is mainly UK forum). I ordered another one for the back.

I like the wide angle and it picks up in bad lightning conditions and at night quite well. It's also small and discrete.

[youtube]8oLD7yhXYWk[/youtube]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151071891306?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

links for more info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmIyD1fM4M
https://dashcamtalk.com/mobius/

Also quite importat info is that I ordered one with wider lense. Since release they now sell a wider angle lense as an option. Original lense is ~90°, while wider lense is ~120°.

On ebay I ordered the one I linked but messaged the seller I want a wider lense instead of video out cable as he doesn't have wider lense option listed in shop.