Wiring behind steering wheel

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless Oscar can help in the meantime, im (hopefully) home on monday and I think I have a diagram which shows the stalk switches and the pinout of its connector.

Once you find someone with small hands and fingers that can bend into a fourth dimension for getting the relays back in, you could enable the autolights (which I so hate) for a few days

That's great, really kind of you :) my hands are quite large so it's not easy! Picking up a brand new Golf GTI next week, probably shouldn't fiddle with the wiring on that especially as its not my car! :D

i'm looking at the pin outs for the k4m scenic which shares the same electronics as your car, i am absolutely lost. pin outs for just about everything :/

No problem. Im just hoping that by 6am, my night shift have fixed the ROV overnight. I should have been home today but got stiffed for a few extra days and a bit of kit stopped working as my planned chopper was inbound :(

Oscar. Its named something like the multifunction selector switch

Thanks Neil :)

Finally managed to get all the relays back in, made it much easier when I took them all out and worked from the top down. Interestingly, the rows you listed above here don't match what you labelled in the picture I don't think. Not that it matters. Hopefully there will be something I can do with the monolever plug to sort this out. I don't suppose it would pass the MOT in its current state! The other thing I've noticed is that the bumper seems to be a bit skewed. Is this poor panel gappage normal or something I can sort out? I don't remember how it was before I had the bumper off. The slam panel below the wide bit is just a puddle of water.
yvuqy7u6.jpg

try give it a persuasive wiggle, notice any movement where it meets the bonnet? however, it could be the angle but it appears like the bonnet requires adjusting as there is more gap at the right side than on the left, if you look at the gap between both headlights and bonnet. to adjust it, simply loosen the bolts on the passengers side bonnet arm or whatnot and slide the bonner a little further forward to correct the gap. warning though, this can be very figity lol!

Well I've left it a few days and then went back to it with fresh eyes today.

Took the surrounds off, and wiggled the wires in the connector about a little bit with no joy. Then thought it might be a good idea to just double check the fuses. Sure enough, a little 5 amp fuse listed in the book as dipped beam had blown, replaced, and all back together. Feel like a bit of a tit but hey hum, at least I didn't destroy anything more today! :oops:

Also managed to fix the rev counter with a strategically placed bit of tape, fix the wiper blade by wiggling the rubber back into position, and gave the car a good clean. My alloys really are destroyed though, it feels like every other day that I kerb one :cry: clearly need to be more careful and fit some 205 section tyres! Massaged the bonnet to be straight too, much better :)

Many thanks for your help, and sorry for wasting your time!

haha i thought it would be a fuse, when a fuse goes especially in the headlights bus system ... the power will divert through another loop, and crazy things begin to happen (mercs are the WORST for this) but i didn't want to say anything, because in all honesty electronics aren't my strongest point!

glad to see everythings good again :D

Glad you got it sorted.

I guess the 5amp fuses are part of the control circuit. ie, the switches which feed into the body ECU... I'm surprised that it was only dip beam that was not working :?