Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So to answer everything ...

80mm drop isn´t that much, just a bit of rubbing at full lock on the front but I don´t mind it. Lower becomes a problem with ramp angles as the air ducts for the brakes starts scratching on the front.

The decals are grey, and all my "personal" decals are white (ie stickers and numbers).

Laptime is currently at 8´40, but I´m aiming to 8´30 or 8´20 this year.

The winter tires on the 16" are 195/45/16.

Do you think a sub 9 minute lap is possible in a standard sport? Perhaps with some decent tyres?
JUst out of interest are you English working abroad or just very good at english?

I'd say maybe.

Decent road slicks, better pads and a clear track. Oh and a very good knowledge of the track. I did a (just) sub 10min and that's 2up and not pushing due to not properly knowing the track and self preservation.

Give me a stock car and I should be able to approach the 9´but going under 9´might be tricky on standard tires... I know a co-worker who did 8´34 in a 1.2 Clio mk2 with RS suspensions and brakes but still stock engine, he did 3 laps with it and finally put it in the armco on the 4th lap when he was doing under 8´30 :D
But he´s a pro driver, that´s the difference.

And I´m not english, but french, working in Germany, and speaking english quite decently.

Blimey he must be quick! Think i'd find it hard going under 9 especially without cup suspension.

Managed a 10:30 ish in the swift sport with yellow flag and ambulance near the end on my 2nd ever lap (first being 4 up in a 1.0 micra lol)

Definately need to get back soon

So definately not do able then as he's a don!

Id love to see you do a lap in a 200 :)

I did a 9:39 BTG on my 3rd ever lap (of which two still wet, 3rd was almost dry) with lots of unnecessary braking due to lack of track knowledge... so 9:00 should be doable on contis on an empty track.

the knowledge you have of your car and the track amazes me!!

keep up the good work, awesome lap

frediiii":1r904zip said:
I did a 9:39 BTG on my 3rd ever lap (of which two still wet, 3rd was almost dry) with lots of unnecessary braking due to lack of track knowledge... so 9:00 should be doable on contis on an empty track.

That's very good going. I only just beat that in my old diesel Alfa 147. Did you have someone to follow that knew the track?

40 sec are quite a big gap to cover ...

When i see the difference of attack between my 8´40 and my slower laps in 8´50, I feel like I´m going to buy bred when I´m doing 8´50 ...

Dropping 10 sec is a major gap already and involves a lot of "not braking", a bit of "iron balls" and a major "i am a nut and I will never die" spirit :D

But any of you is welcome to join me when the good days will be here, I´ll be at the Ring almost every weekend (if brake pads and tires are delivered quickly enough...) and would be happy to take some passengers for a show, sorry a lap :D

yotah1":3jglyp9m said:
But any of you is welcome to join me when the good days will be here, I´ll be at the Ring almost every weekend (if brake pads and tires are delivered quickly enough...) and would be happy to take some passengers for a show, sorry a lap :D

i will take u up on that as it looks like a definate i will be there this summer with mine

I'll be back home during most of AUgust this summer, but July will be the busiest month I guess, should be there every weekend, for 2 dayds each time.

The goal is 200 laps this year :D

This info is so not fair lol ive only done 12 laps ever!

3 of which in the absolute complete pouring pouring rain with rivers on the track!

You are living the dream my man!

120 laps covered to this day, including 8 in the rain (well 7 1/2 as i crashed the car on my 4th lap on the wet but i count it as a full lap as i learned a lot that day...), and 7 laps almost by night in October, with just the headlamps to show me the way, that was purely awesome!!

We'll see if the car can hold 200 laps this year, that would mean 320 done with the RS, that's quite a lot for a street car...