Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far no big issue, I haven´t had a suspension go through the hood yet :D

But i do a complete check up before the season and every month during the season.
And next year, it gets rollcaged and fully welded so it won´t be a problem anymore.

decbolton":3bs7fno0 said:
oooh :) when are you dropping a clio lump in it?

also, saw a convoy of 6-7 clio 182's today, they all looked tidy!
U should of join the convoy lol

The new engine will not be before 2013. I want to use the car as much as i can this year and then see when and how i do the swap.

Yotah - Have you been measuring oil temps? Or are they not an issue?

No measuring, and no issue so far, even on very hot track days during the summer. I´ll get a sandwich plate though this year as I prefer to be able to monitor it.

Yeah that's my plan on getting one installed but with one that incorporates a thermostat switch.

Summer wheels fitted back onto the car :)

Back to the R888 tires, they are worn out but will do until Easter when I get the new ones! Now I need to re-lower the car as it sits higher on the 16" winter wheels than on the 15" semi slicks...

yotah1":29ww03l8 said:
Finally cleaned the lady tonight, and took the bike with it to clean it at the same time.
15 minutes of jetwash and gloss dryer and hot wax made it actually so clean it reflects all the dirt from the ground and looks dirty!!

where is the bike rack from mate? slightly off subject sorry :D

yotah1":3dzq23hq said:
No measuring, and no issue so far, even on very hot track days during the summer. I´ll get a sandwich plate though this year as I prefer to be able to monitor it.

you might want to consider this:

oil_adapter.jpg

renault spare part from a laguna, I think. have to take a look if I can find the part number ;)

Yep that could be interesting. Otherwise i'll put an aftermarket sandwich plate from my performance parts catalog and take the opportunity to fit an intercooler forthe oil.

The bike rack is from Thule.

Just looked over the whole thread...

How did you change the rear number plate thing so its black? I noticed it looks different in certain pictures like first it looks gloss black then matte black? Is this easy to do?

Also one of my first mods i will probably do to the car is get some 15" or possibly 16" TD 1.2's will the car look 'higher' with 15" wheels or lower?

As long as yor tire diameter stays similar to the original one, the car's height won't change, however you'll have to get used to the smaller wheels... It doesn't bother me as i think the 17" look stupidly big, but that's just me.

Regarding the bumper, it was satin black, then the bumper was changed and the paint guy forgot to paint it black again so it got all sprayed in blue (because it's only one part for the whole bumper, the black isn't separate) and then when i brought it back they masked it and sprayed it with a mat black spray can whcih dries super fast.

Maybe i'll stay 16s i thought having smaller wheels would make it lower...

Didnt think of matte spray..good idea although i think the missus would hqve aomething to say about me going up to my new car with rattle cans lol

i have got some carbon wrap laying in the cupboard somewhere....

Need some more vids as im a lorry driver i watch nurburg vids on my breaks :)

Received today, steering wheel hub with airbag light killer.

I'll order the steering wheel, driver seat supports and pedals from the R2 catalog next week, then the rest will follow in late April.

Blimey if my car makes it to the ring anytime soon i wouldn't stand a chance haha!