Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mazmaz":3tkw3fg4 said:
I would have thought it's Audi owners that act like that :lol:

They're the new BMW drivers who figured out Audi is better than BMW and can put a dubnation sticker on their car.

Audis don't even get on the track, they stay on the parking lot :D

Regarding my Porsche, I don't have it yet. I didn't b uy the first one I saw, too many things bothered me on it, even though it had the perfect options :(
I've found a few others, I must go and see them, then get back with my bank and get a loan...

Today I fixed my rubbing issue with my tires! I removed the wheel arch inners in the front, pushed the washer bottle forward to gain space. In the back, I had to widen the wheel arches, so as I had the perfect tool specifically for that, it took me only 5-10 minutes to gain 2cm on each side. Thank you hammer :D

Dubz, I was too busy getting all the dirt collected over the last two years falling onto my face while I was banging the hell out of the sheet metal (which is very nice to do actually, the banging metal thing, not the dirt thing...) to listen to anything other than the Bam Bam Bam that my hammer was doing, resonating in the whole underground parking!!

Still, I can't wait to have a proper garage, strip down that baby, and start the next gen of mods, welding, cutting, carboning :D

Not yet, I'm waiting for my suspensions to come back to get everything on the car and install the camera properly, then do the video.

yotah1":bqvb8vwb said:
Today I fixed my rubbing issue with my tires! I removed the wheel arch inners in the front, pushed the washer bottle forward to gain space. In the back, I had to widen the wheel arches, so as I had the perfect tool specifically for that, it took me only 5-10 minutes to gain 2cm on each side. Thank you hammer :D
They suggested this to me as well.. take out the wheel inner arch but doesn't it protect parts/electric wires from rain and dirt?

Got my 4 new Falken 195/40/17's waiting for me.

The 205's have been damaged by the clip on the inside of my wheelarch.

The front wheel arch inners don´t protect anything on the left side on the RS, especially as I´ve remvoed my fogs to get the air ducts for the brakes. On the passenger side though, there is the horn, and the washer bottle with its pipes. I bent a bit the support for both to push them forward out of the way of the tire.

The only rubbing left is in the front wheel arches, on the back side, behind the wheel. But there is the body behing the plastic cover, so anyway I can´t do anything for that. But it´s ok, I´ve got to one lap of the steering wheel now before it rubs so it´s okay I´d say.

Fun bit this morning, commuting to work, i wanted to test a bit the Maxsports grip in a curve I used to take at 80kph with the Toyos. I entered it at 90 kph, kept flooring the throttle until i actually reached 100kph, still a massive amount of grip (even though I currently have no camber on the front wheels and a ducked up geometry because of the stock front suspensions). I had to lift off and brake during the corner though, catching up a slower car. This is when the rear end came loose and I ended up completely sideways with the tires screaming like hell, front and rear of the car being almost scratching the armocs on each side of the road. It would have made an awesome video, but hell that was a close call :D

what about the cambelt? the clios don't have it completely enclosed and one guy on the 197 boards removed the arch liners and a small rock got stuck between belt an pulleys causing it to snap followed by ... well, you know how this ends ;)

don't know how protected the cambelt of the twingo is though

benmc":2imux126 said:
My wheels catch arches too :(
One possiblity I've been thinking of fixing this is (but this works because I got coilovers from Weitec) is making the front wheels slightly camber a little so when they get pressed they go more inside the wheelarch instead of hitting the clip on the side.

yotah1":2imux126 said:
The front wheel arch inners don´t protect anything on the left side on the RS, especially as I´ve remvoed my fogs to get the air ducts for the brakes. On the passenger side though, there is the horn, and the washer bottle with its pipes. I bent a bit the support for both to push them forward out of the way of the tire.

The only rubbing left is in the front wheel arches, on the back side, behind the wheel. But there is the body behing the plastic cover, so anyway I can´t do anything for that. But it´s ok, I´ve got to one lap of the steering wheel now before it rubs so it´s okay I´d say.

Fun bit this morning, commuting to work, i wanted to test a bit the Maxsports grip in a curve I used to take at 80kph with the Toyos. I entered it at 90 kph, kept flooring the throttle until i actually reached 100kph, still a massive amount of grip (even though I currently have no camber on the front wheels and a ducked up geometry because of the stock front suspensions). I had to lift off and brake during the corner though, catching up a slower car. This is when the rear end came loose and I ended up completely sideways with the tires screaming like hell, front and rear of the car being almost scratching the armocs on each side of the road. It would have made an awesome video, but hell that was a close call :D
Remind me to come back to the Ring when your car is ready again :D

Hopefully should be ready soon.

Regarding the cambelt, I don´t know how it is on the Clios but on the Twingo, you can barely see it from the wheel arch, so I´m not very worried about that. And if that happens, well, it will be the perfect excuse to start the swap :D
In any case, the car is now a track car only as I´m getting the 911 soon and so won´t drive the RS on a daily basis anymore.

Big order again yesterday for the car...

- clay bars
- wash mitt
- wheel brush

:lol: :lol:

On the serious side, I´ve got news regarding my coilovers, they´ve been sent back by the supplier so they should arrive shortly.

Blimey sure you can afford those big items.

An thats good news about the colies should sit nicely when the arrive eventually!