4 Pots :twisted:

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm abandoning the ducting idea - there's simply not enough room in that area to make effective ducting - the only way you'd get it through without any kinks or hitting parts of the car is with a 25mm tube or similar which is tiny and pointless - the brakes would get more natural coolant with the wheels sucking in air.

Orb, you might want to look at the Mk4 forums you linked to for the brakes.

They had a load of pictures of DS2500s being crumbled and munched by discs, especially drilled discs.

If someone has a spare pad backplate, off a munched pad or whatever, could someone please punt a couple to me please. Looking at sending a set to Tarox for their Strada range.
Heard great things from my Swift Sport mates from track proving sessions and figured (being similar weight and power) they would be well suited to the Twingo =)

M

madmatt":sbrcjmho said:
Orb, you might want to look at the Mk4 forums you linked to for the brakes.

They had a load of pictures of DS2500s being crumbled and munched by discs, especially drilled discs.

If someone has a spare pad backplate, off a munched pad or whatever, could someone please punt a couple to me please. Looking at sending a set to Tarox for their Strada range.
Heard great things from my Swift Sport mates from track proving sessions and figured (being similar weight and power) they would be well suited to the Twingo =)

M

I've got grounded to the metal and beyond ones somewhere.

Al":cd6ichuf said:
madmatt":cd6ichuf said:
Thanks Al =)

I could Imagine they wouldn't be great from cold, but then again, they do have to work straight away....most drivers have their Nav remind them that they're on cold brakes and tyres.

Given the sizes of disc my 4 pots were designed to work with, I'd have to find out about the disc width and what they're like on pad sweeping area...

M

From what I've heard I don't think they are "bad" but they certainly squeak quite a bit.

if they're the CL Brakes (New name for Carbone Lorraine) pads on the R then they'll be excellent from cold. noise will depend on the compound as for low grip conditions they'll use the RC5+ compound which barely produces any noise. If its dry tarmac they'll use a more aggressive friction compound like the RC6 or RC8 which make a lot more noise..

Do you know if it is the same pad shape on the R as the road version? CL brakes haven't released details of their new applications so if we could get a picture and part number for the pads we can cross reference it with other manufacturers to see if it will fit..

R-Sport can get hold of the CL pads. But that's through RS in France.....

Dealers can get the R2 parts aswell ;) but the customer needs to supply the part numbers

RS France are a pain to deal with :(, they like saying the word NO to me often. lol

Twingogeekeo":1ees6ze5 said:
Dealers can get the R2 parts aswell ;) but the customer needs to supply the part numbers

That's a lie - dealers in general certainly not! You maybe :)

So Peugeot 406 brembos fit straigt on the twingo do they ? Is it V6 coupe that they come off

its taken with a pinch of salt. lines up inline with the disc and can take the disc size, just the bolting might need a very small bracket. they work on clio 182s all fine and 133s share the same disc but 133s use the megane calips so depends if the bolting of the calipers to the hub/frame/car (not sure what the piece is called) is the exact same as the 182s spacing.
least it cuts down on having to find discs the right size and thickness but im guessing brake lines would need to be cut to the right length. yes the V6 406 :)

just seeing if the brake cyclinder can handle the brembos and if the braking bias would need to be adjusted. still leading towards the thought of bigger discs for the heat then brembos but if they come at a price like that again might have to lay some green down

Loads of people doing kits for the Clio....just lend your car to Hispec if you go on holiday, just to see if it fits.

Then I'll by myself the K Sport 6 Pot kit =D

6 Pot - 286mm 2 Piece Disc - Fits 15/16
8 Pot - 304mm 2 Piece Disc - Fits 17+

Even come in a Fetching Orange...and Black or Red.

M

spoke to hi-spec. great friendly people and did tell me to drop the car off to them lol.
any discs for the clio will fit its just if 4/6 etc pots made for the clios would need brackets to fine up as when i mentioned the details they were sure the calip would need to come farther outwards from the centre.
(on a random not i always thought you would use further in above sentense but in grammer terms that refers to a distance in time lol )

What is the standard size of discs on the twingo 133 ?
Also got to remember that they stopped making 406 coupes nearly 7 years ago and most calipers will have covered starship miles, would defo budget for having the calipers overhauled.

As in, different offset for the Caliper to the mounting point on the Hub?
A packing of washers would solve that =P

My Dad's got a AP Racing 306GTI 4 Pot kit on Xzara number 1 and a Tarox 106 GTI 6 Pot Kit on Xzara 2, all they needed was Washers to space the bracket out from the mounts.

Does that make sense?

(In all honesty, never noticed the difference in "Further" and "Farther", "Father" however, whole different kettle of fish :lol:)