4 Pots :twisted:

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madmatt":1udxd49c said:
As in, different offset for the Caliper to the mounting point on the Hub?
A packing of washers would solve that =P

My Dad's got a AP Racing 306GTI 4 Pot kit on Xzara number 1 and a Tarox 106 GTI 6 Pot Kit on Xzara 2, all they needed was Washers to space the bracket out from the mounts.

Does that make sense?

(In all honesty, never noticed the difference in "Further" and "Farther", "Father" however, whole different kettle of fish :lol:)
Yeah it does they just need a bit of a bodge lol.
The 306 and xsara are the same chassis though.

i think the discs on the RS are 280??
refurb kits are about 40-50 odd quid which isnt to bad and would do if i brought any calips off ebay :)

gsidave":85zdabfa said:
The 306 and xsara are the same chassis though.
I know Dave, I've been around them for long enough :lol:
He's got a GTI6 Ashley Comp. Exhaust on Xzara number 2 so just goes to show, most things can be done with a little fettling...

It just comes down to how much fettling.

Orb, they are indeed 280 x 25 I think =)
Calipers go for about £200 odd these days.

M

Xsara vts is a very underrated car, without the silly 6 speed box and small steering lock. The old xu is a good un

280 mm size discs sounds good intact for such a small car should be ample.

gsidave said:
Xsara vts is a very underrated car, without the silly 6 speed box and small steering lock. The old xu is a good unquote]

It's 2 VTS my Dad has, a Mk1 on twin 40 webbers (with the Ashley Exhaust) and a Mk2. The MI16s are pretty much bomb proof :D
There isn't much need for the 6th Gear in road rallying on a standard box and having a stupid turning circle isn't much good for hairpins...

Now that you're keeping the car Orb...get it to Hispec and find out :lol: