Apex or H&R

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XNicolalaX

Reaction score
So after FCS and seeing others Twingo's looking awesome lowered, I am now in need of lowering springs. I have been looking on KamRacing and the difference between Apex and H&R springs is £60, which tbh is a lot of money. They're both for the same drop (25mm), so I just wondered what exactly is the extra £60 getting you with the H&R's?

I went with spax which I think are even cheaper than that and I'm perfectly happy they're the same drop too :D

XNicolalaX":55v5l4kc said:
Thanks GhostZ, I have been really tempted with the H&R's :D
Its the FF with cup Waitey. I would love coilovers but they're just so expensive!

Oh, mine will end up as a FF better than cup model ;)

It will be more bumpy though.

After sitting in my own car, Neil's car and even yotah's car (which are all on differant coilovers) I have to say that Ghostz car is the roughest of them all on country side roads.

yeah i forgot my combination is the CUP dampers and H&R springs so its your choise but i have to say if my dampers ever start to leak (can happen cause they where not designed on that amount of lowering i guess) i'm getting coilovers :D

just think about it with that little bit more money you can get a decent set of coilovers wich you can fully adjust ;)

Well for a decent set of adjustable coilovers aren't you talking about at least 4-5 times the cost of H&R springs, 6-7 times the cost of apex springs which is quite a lot more. I've just ordered the spax springs as I don't see the point in the cost of colovers for the type of use my car gets

Very true. I have got some contemplating and saving to do i think! Ha. I would love coilovers, but its just the expense. I need to win the lottery! :lol:

BC Racing coilovers were worth every penny! A 'proper cup' rolling on coilovers is awesome fun in the twisties. Even short trips to the shops with your sensible shoes on is fun and different and very comfortable

maggi112":v5u5tu15 said:
BC Racing coilovers were worth every penny! A 'proper cup' rolling on coilovers is awesome fun in the twisties. Even short trips to the shops with your sensible shoes on is fun and different and very comfortable

The only difference then when I get coilovers is the rear roll bar is 24mm I think on the cup and 22mm on the non cup, but I'm hoping as the coilovers has stiffer shocks it should handle better than a standard 'cup' model.

The difference between a cup and non cup both on coilovers and the same tyres and wheels in all should be minimal... Atleast I hope :lol:

I'm confused, do you mean the rear beam? There's only a front anti roll bar. I'm looking to get a whiteline anti roll bar.

They're quite expensive coilovers, but I'm happy knowing I intend to keep my car so the money's not really a concern, it didn't stop me telling Carrie they were cheaper than they actually cost me though...

And yes waitey, real world the difference is tiny. On the road the fastest car is that driven by the driver with the biggest testicles

Well yes as part of a torsion beam it does act as an anti roll bar built into the beam but I didn't realise there was any difference between cup and non cup. I thought the difference was between rs and non rs. So in theory the ability to swing the car on the throttle is far easier in a cup than a non cup if that's correct.

I'm thinking of a particular post in which Neil lists the thickness of the bar of the non rs. This should then be less than 22mm or I'm sure waitey has mixed that up?

maggi112":32fn7sm0 said:
And I've already found it. And I was wrong :lol: the torsion bar built into the beam is as follows:

Dynamique (so will assume all non rs) 19mm
Rs 22mm
Cup 24mm

That's what I meant :lol: I don't know why I said roll bar, meh.

Knew there was a difference anyway after quizzing Neil abit at the show lol