Apex or H&R

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how thick the bar is on the 172. If the 133 already has stiffer roll resistance by using a larger diameter bar in essentialy the same axle, maybe the Whiteline ARB isnt really needed :? I know Orb said it was lively in the wet with the Whiteline fitted, even on its softest setting.

Back on topic, I suspect the biggest physical difference between the Apex and H&R springs will be the colour. They have similar drop and both share the same coil shape which will leave coils sat on coils when loaded. having lost 25mm of usable travel, the springs need to be stiffer, hence a harsher ride over the original springs

p1020524y.jpg

Which look to be identical (except for the colour) to the ones originally brought out by Apex. That leaves the front end with the top three coils and the rear center two coils already touching when the car is sat on the ground.

I was in a similar dilemma when choosing mine. I had heard good things about both brands and had a set of spaxx springs on my old and dini 100. In the end I went for H&R, for me they work really well. It can be slightly on the harsh side at times but I do close to 40/50 miles a day with no comfort issues and the have improved the handling no end :)

Mine is the full fat with cup and I have and apex ones, the ride is compromised somewhat but what I lost in comfort it made up for in handling, It was well worth the upgrade. No body roll and the car sticks to the road.

I think the apex ones are about 115 new, I got mine from Karl at a cheeky price though.

Still well worth the upgrade if you can put up with the ride

I have Spax on mine they are awesome! Absolutely transforms the handling, the 133 is already awesome in the corners but the springs really do make it that little bit better. Only £130 delivered from Larkspeed too

waitey":3u94b47q said:
maggi112":3u94b47q said:
BC Racing coilovers were worth every penny! A 'proper cup' rolling on coilovers is awesome fun in the twisties. Even short trips to the shops with your sensible shoes on is fun and different and very comfortable

The only difference then when I get coilovers is the rear roll bar is 24mm I think on the cup and 22mm on the non cup, but I'm hoping as the coilovers has stiffer shocks it should handle better than a standard 'cup' model.

The difference between a cup and non cup both on coilovers and the same tyres and wheels in all should be minimal... Atleast I hope :lol:

normaly roll bar are the same on cup and non cup

cup are 10mm lower , 10% stiffer on shock and springs , and 17" wheels

that all

so if you change spring and shocks no more difference

édit : seem's I m wrong
but I m really surprise

look for info in french website

Twingogangster83":mdp4u3yz said:
I have a CUP and the H&R springs and believe me ......it's perfect ! It's hard but Performance is awesome.

I have also a cup with H&R, I agree with you, it's great.

Does it look better aswell want the so between arch and wheel abit smaller and did you have any rubbing issues anyone?!

This Pictures will show u the difference and the Pics were made at the Renault-Garage with no Km's done after fitting them and they always get some mm's down after drivin a while.

Left is CUP-Standard .....Right is CUP/H&R

Attachments

• Vergleich 2.jpg
    Vergleich 2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Vergleich Federn.jpg
    Vergleich Federn.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 260
  • Vergleich 3.jpg
    Vergleich 3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 260
I think they sit pretty good (before someone tells you, the search is usually in the top right of the page)

GhostZ":1nkagsf8 said:
N0ddie":1nkagsf8 said:
Any zoomed out pics showing final stance of whole car?

here you go ;) want more check this :p gallery/twingo-gordini-wind-t6685.html

mg4517.jpg

GhostZ":1nkagsf8 said:
So time to update this again a bit so i have lowered my car with sport springs from H&R the twingo looks much nicer with just a drop -25mm front and rear and also less roll going through corners :p

Before and after pics rear to front

p1020518wm.jpg

p1020534h.jpg

p1020517k.jpg

p1020532ss.jpg

p1020524y.jpg

What is the difference between Apex and H&R. Is the apex are less hard, because H&R are very hard.

BRUNE":1grlp25l said:
What is the difference between Apex and H&R. Is the apex are less hard, because H&R are very hard.
I imagine they are very much allike. The free length of the springs are virtually the same, they have the same coil shape and the installed drop is the same.