Big brakes Clio tce

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westy

Reaction score
Ok guys what big brakes go onto the Clio tce.... I'm told by ktec there is no set... And they are asking hi spec if they will develop a set for me....

Heard some mixed things regards hi spec so guess well see where this goes....

There must be a set of big brakes that go onto the Clio.... Iirc 300mm will go under the Renault 16" alloys...

Discuss.... :D

It's possible to do and may work
Our cheaper... As you can get a 197 out of breakers or something with rear end damage, I'm
Not sure exactly what would be needed but you could

JE_GT":135kasrf said:
300mm brakes on a 1.2 clio is overkill.

:roll: big and juicy you mean.... Are the strut tops the same? The lower arms etc etc.... Not sure this would work or not.
What about other types leguna or Megan etc...

Here you go. All the big brakes that a 1.2 will ever need, and for under a tenner....

$(KGrHqRHJB!E-EpGmjDbBPo!Gk8nJg~~60_12.JPG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-3D-Brembo-Look-Brake-Caliper-Cover-Kit-Front-Rear-Red-/270967961204?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f16f2f674

maggi112":sxqv74su said:
Does it feel it needs it or is it for looks? The Brembos look lovely and I'd love some, if it wasn't for cost and the fear of breaking my neck

Looks :D big brakes under the wheel look good and subtle.

Westy":3jg2qdbb said:
JE_GT":3jg2qdbb said:

:roll: big and juicy you mean.... Are the strut tops the same? The lower arms etc etc.... Not sure this would work or not.

No I meant overkill lol, don't k-tec sell big brake kits that are like 285mm for the clio?

The brakes on the twingo are almost a little overkill too. But it doesn't make it any less cool tbh.

The spoiler on the twingo makes less sense than some brakes, yet most of us go for the cup spoiler.

JE_GT":1x8k4wju said:
bit of a stupid comparison but ok

Spoilers are meant to be functional items, but are merely for looks on a twingo. Adds nothing except visual presence.

The brakes are gonna be for look and pub top trumps and not a lot else as you said, overkill. But still, pretty cool.

JE_GT":2kx066us said:
Westy":2kx066us said:
JE_GT":2kx066us said:

No I meant overkill lol, don't k-tec sell big brake kits that are like 285mm for the clio?

Nope only for the twingo, they do,grooved or drilled disks, but as disk forms part if hub on Clio no biggest brakes available yet by any brake companies like brembo, wilwood etc, it can easily be done many other cars have a similar set up, it's about supply and demand I guess...

Westy":3ep8kgsu said:
Nope only for the twingo, they do,grooved or drilled disks, but as disk forms part if hub on Clio no biggest brakes available yet by any brake companies like brembo, wilwood etc, it can easily be done many other cars have a similar set up, it's about supply and demand I guess...
So, it sounds like it's the discs which are the sticky point to an upgrade. Find a suitably large disc which will fit on the hub and work from there.

Radial mount calippers (Hi-Spec or Brembo style 4 pot) could be easily adapted to suit a larger disc and offset by drilling a new adaptor bracket... Hi-Spec sell plane adaptors with diferent offsets and diameters

Ktec do sell big brake kits for clios and the only brakes they sell for the twingo are dimpled ones unless they suddenly released a lot more in the past 3 months.

I know this as I called them asking back then as I needed to replace my front discs and pads so chose the only set they specifically did for the twingo.

MK3 Clio RS brake kits, I imagine they'd fit a non RS mk 3 https://www.k-tecracing.com/search_results.asp

260mm is 260mm how is that a bigger brake kit.. Or did I do the wrong maths classes....

They are drilled disks with better pads... Standard callipers, hoses etc... So kinda like getting a new set of glasses with only one eye updated.... Better but could be better.... Lol no offence just being a bit silly.

And with respect halfords camberly autos or gsf would do disk and pad "upgrades"