Brake Reservoir?!?!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was looking at Reservoir Socks for my car and then it occurred to me....

WHERE THE HELL IS THE BRAKE RESERVOIR?!

I've never seen it, certainly not in an obvious place....

M

Matt":2xj403sz said:
Literally right behind the battery/ecu bracket. It's a b*tch to check!

Really? I thought it was just a screw top that was quite accessible? I'm pretty sure i had to check mine when I fried the brakes at Oulton last year...

same with Al, unscrew, check from all side to see level and done. although ive been told by garages changing my brake fluid it was hard to fit machine fitting ontop of it to feed fluid into system.

orbital":3powpqvo said:
same with Al, unscrew, check from all side to see level and done. although ive been told by garages changing my brake fluid it was hard to fit machine fitting ontop of it to feed fluid into system.

not really coz u can just stick a pipe in there ;)

^ How are you meant to "check" it then? I thought it was a case of making sure it was between the lines or whatever marking is on it?

Al":2rttffwr said:
^ How are you meant to "check" it then? I thought it was a case of making sure it was between the lines or whatever marking is on it?

yea the pipe is for bleeding not checking the level :cool:

frediiii":2srdobpd said:
madmatt":2srdobpd said:
Asshole Renault, why stick it in such a dumb place?

where else could they put it instead of on top of the master cylinder?

Well that's what I thought. Unless I'm being an idiot and actually checking the battery fluid levels :?

I said it's a b*tch to get to because you can't really see how much fluid is in there, no matter what angle you look at. The only easy way is to take the lid off and look through the top - but then you're still not 100%.

Matt":20x3501p said:
I said it's a b*tch to get to because you can't really see how much fluid is in there, no matter what angle you look at. The only easy way is to take the lid off and look through the top - but then you're still not 100%.

I thought you were meant to take the top off anyway? Which is where our (my) confusion has come from :lol:

I really don't know much about brake fluid. I tend to only ever change the pads and leave fluid bleeding etc to people who know what they are doing!

Al":1hrf2flq said:
Matt":1hrf2flq said:

I thought you were meant to take the top off anyway? Which is where our (my) confusion has come from :lol:

I really don't know much about brake fluid. I tend to only ever change the pads and leave fluid bleeding etc to people who know what they are doing!

You and I both but I'm pretty sure the cap doesn't have to come off to check levels... ? Only when bleeding?

We are useless :lol:

I don't know... hopefully more skilled members can tell us... I've only looked twice on the 133 and that was potential boiling issues I have have had; which turned out to be fine.

It was just very unexpected to find the master cylinder there...
All of my other cars, the master cylinder's been mounted up high on the bulkhead, making it easy to change and refill :)

BUT NOOOOO, Damn Renault :p

oh - wait... you guys have RHD twingos... so the master cylinder is most probably somewhere else in your cars :)

any pictures?

on mine it's right next to the inlet hose behind the ECU...

CIMG0877.JPG

Looks like it's in exactly the same place.

It's just hard to look through the side of the bottle, that's all...