Brake Reservoir?!?!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madmatt":1fzs073w said:
Found it!

Tucked far under the Scuttle panel, just to the left of the exhaust manifold...gonna be a ***** to refill!

A funnel helps ;)

I filled my straight up from the bottle when i fitted my braid brake lines

Yeah you don't need a funnel, but it can help. Same as topping oil or washer fluid up. I prefer sometimes as I'm not a fan of car fluids all dribbled inside the engine bay.

I do hate to Necropost...but seriously, you guys think your Brake master cylinder reservoir's in a difficult place?!

Looking at Karl's pictures and everyone elses engine bay pictures, whether LHD or RHD, the reservoir's always just in behind the ECU.

Mine, is not there. It's mounted where the brake cylinder is (if you're looking onto the Front of the Engine bay) on the left hand side, not the right where everyone elses is...
Mine has sensors on the top cap and is nigh on IMPOSIBLE to get to, not to mention will be an absolute pig to bleed, refil and check.

Is there a way I can relocate the reservoir to where everyone elses is??

Ok, finally got some pictures sorted!

Where it should be....
Whereitshouldbe.jpg

Where it is...
Whereitis.jpg

Anyone else? Surely I can't be the only one!

there aint one there ! hmmmmmmmmmmm can you gat a good pic of the enguin bay itself ?

i have the 133 with the cup pack and i have one there this is soo odd ! i got a pic of it and one of the bay itself if you can get a pic of the same of mine and compair it ????
P1030774.jpg

P1030768.jpg

P1030767.jpg

P1030766.jpg

Will take a picture tonight to compare mate :)
It's just not there :p might take it to Renault and say..."show me where my brake reservoir is" and then laugh because they can't find it! :p

madmatt":1ymo5enb said:
Will take a picture tonight to compare mate :)
It's just not there :p might take it to Renault and say..."show me where my brake reservoir is" and then laugh because they can't find it! :p
unless they forgot to put it in :lol:

but me and u have both the same cars with the cup pack and ac,all the crap like that but that is seriously weired !

Matt. Is yours an early build that wasn't registered for a while (infact, quite a while on a 59 plate)?

Maybe later cars were relocated for ease of servicing