Buying tyres from camskill, where to get them fitted?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Detail

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need to get some new front tyres and, after reading lots of reviews, I've decided to go for Hankook V12s.

The problem is that I've bought tyres from the intenet before and had problems getting somewhere to fit them for me.

Any suggestions for somewhere that will do a good job of fitting pre-purchased tyres?

Thanks, Matt

Erm all i can think is ringing round and explain you have brought tyres online. If you was closer id say bring it here but seeing your miles away i wont suggest that :lol:

Twingogeekeo":1imqwzi0 said:
Erm all i can think is ringing round and explain you have brought tyres online. If you was closer id say bring it here but seeing your miles away i wont suggest that :lol:

I'm actually not as far away as I thought, less than an hours drive according to google maps. Still probably a bit far to have some tyres fitted though. How much do you reckon your guys would charge?

Monster Detail":24zhxll3 said:
Twingogeekeo":24zhxll3 said:

I'm actually not as far away as I thought, less than an hours drive according to google maps. Still probably a bit far to have some tyres fitted though. How much do you reckon your guys would charge?

£11 inc vat each tyre :D

Have you got th tyres already if you want i can see what i can do on them aswell as i can do some good prices are they 195/40/17 or 205/40/17?

Twingogeekeo":39gw97e2 said:
Monster Detail":39gw97e2 said:
Twingogeekeo":39gw97e2 said:

£11 inc vat each tyre :D

Have you got th tyres already if you want i can see what i can do on them aswell as i can do some good prices are they 195/40/17 or 205/40/17?

205 40 17, if you can get me a good price, I might be paying you a visit.

PRIMWELL PZ900 £53.16 each
MATODOR MP46 £72.00 each
CONTI SPORT-C3 £124.19 each
MCHLN EXLTO PE2 £128.04 each
MCHLN SPRT PS3 £128.55 each

These are the XL (Extra Load) tyres as a Twingo needs the XL (Extra Load) tyre

Then the £11.00 tyre fitting on top.

I've taken tyres to a local tyre garage to have fitted before.. Forgotten how much it was but had them fitted and aligned pretty cheap. They didn't seem to care that I had bought the tyres elsewhere.

Try and find some little tyre/exhaust places and give them a buzz?

(if you buy online)

I've heard good reviews about the Hankooks too.. quite strange considering the price but nice at the same time :p

Some tyre companys just get petty as you didnt buy the tyres from then but companys that want your business in the future will be more then willing to do it.

Twingogeekeo":26dbw7vy said:
Some tyre companys just get petty as you didnt buy the tyres from then but companys that want your business in the future will be more then willing to do it.

That's exactly what they have been like!

I've got my heart set on the Hankooks, so I'll probably stick with Camskill and try calling around little garages like Matt suggested. Thanks for getting the prices though mate.

Weird as i can get hankooks from our supplyier but they dont show them on there website :s

Ill give them a call in a minute

I can do the Hankooks £72.00 but there on back order at the moment with no date im told :(

Twingogeekeo":1maw51f2 said:
I can do the Hankooks £72.00 but there on back order at the moment with no date im told :(

Fair enough mate, thanks for looking into it for me. I want to get them done soon, so I'll just order from Camskill.

Ahh get some now then if there that low!!!!!!!

3 points £60 fine per tyre not good

Twingogeekeo":29ax8fxu said:
Ahh get some now then if there that low!!!!!!!

3 points £60 fine per tyre not good

They're not that low (they're definitely legal), but I'd still like to get them changed.

I'm also going to get the tracking done to make sure the tread wear is even on the new tyres

The un even tread will be the tracking needs going as the Twingo RS has stiff suspenion the steering rack wheels and suspenion all take the impact from the roads and speed bumps causing you tracking to knock the tracking out and then uneven tyreware comes into play.

Its one of them things you cant stop. Also another thing that can cause it is if the tyres are under or over inflated and also hard cournering.

To be fair theres a few things that can cause this. I had my Tracking and lining re-done a while ago due to tryeware and it was shocking how out it all was also had canva on the offside rear that shouldnt have happened but thats also common on renaultsport to do this once the front was re tracked and lined it rear pulled itself straight.

You can only track and line the front nothing you can do for the rears so lucky when the front was done it pulled the rear back straight

Twingogeekeo":2fb0xgbx said:
The un even tread will be the tracking needs going as the Twingo RS has stiff suspenion the steering rack wheels and suspenion all take the impact from the roads and speed bumps causing you tracking to knock the tracking out and then uneven tyreware comes into play.

Its one of them things you cant stop. Also another thing that can cause it is if the tyres are under or over inflated and also hard cournering.

To be fair theres a few things that can cause this. I had my Tracking and lining re-done a while ago due to tryeware and it was shocking how out it all was also had canva on the offside rear that shouldnt have happened but thats also common on renaultsport to do this once the front was re tracked and lined it rear pulled itself straight.

You can only track and line the front nothing you can do for the rears so lucky when the front was done it pulled the rear back straight

As I said, I'm going to have the tracking checked. It's been done by Renault Watford before, but I guess it could have been knocked out by a pothole or something since then.

They must have gone out there way to do it if they did. It takes 30mins to 1 hour to check unless you have the special alinement machines.

We only check if asked to check and is a extra charge.

Also on another note ive got to go to Watford in april 12th and 13th have a course at the RUK training centre

Twingogeekeo":15robbgm said:
They must have gone out there way to do it if they did. It takes 30mins to 1 hour to check unless you have the special alinement machines.

We only check if asked to check and is a extra charge.

Also on another note ive got to go to Watford in april 12th and 13th have a course at the RUK training centre

That is probably Maple Cross though isn't it? Renault Watford is part of the RRG, but it's not a great dealership in my experience.

Yea it is maple cross kind of lol i sat nav my way there :lol: but they make it as watford on the systems we dont go to a dealership its a place with classrooms and a workshop and free food :D.

Yea Watford are part of Renault Retail Group. Means the also owned by RUK.