Buying tyres from camskill, where to get them fitted?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyre pressures are normal the cause but still best to check it all out its a game of elimination

I used to work for Nissan UK, so understand the inner workings of the Renalt/Nissan alliance, lol. I check my tyre pressures fortnightly at the most, so it definitely isn't that.

Monster Detail":o6dcrkgc said:
I used to work for Nissan UK, so understand the inner workings of the Renalt/Nissan alliance, lol. I check my tyre pressures fortnightly at the most, so it definitely isn't that.
In that case it must be the tracking then :)

You'd be surprised about small local tyre fitters... I've also driven down the road to mine in a previous car to get my wheel nuts off as they were stuck on (think the prev owners never touched them). They took it in straight away, up on the ramps and used the buzz gun to crack them off and put them back on for me... Free of charge :)

I've used a local tyre fitter for years and they have no problem me bringing the new tyres with me - infact I don't think I've ever bought a tyre from them.

They are more than happy with £10 a time as "we don't stock stupid tyre sizes" and from the cars I'm brought down you can understand what they mean; Lupo GTi, 182, 133 - all very particular sizes and very little choice.

Al":34nkgkie said:
I've used a local tyre fitter for years and they have no problem me bringing the new tyres with me - infact I don't think I've ever bought a tyre from them.

They are more than happy with £10 a time as "we don't stock stupid tyre sizes" and from the cars I'm brought down you can understand what they mean; Lupo GTi, 182, 133 - all very particular sizes and very little choice.

Everyone seems to have a 'nice little garage down the road', why can't I ever find one of these?! It's so annoying, all the garages I've used around here are complete cowboys. This is supposed to be a nice area as well!!! Rant over, lol.

Matt":2pn14053 said:
Monster Detail":2pn14053 said:

You'd be surprised about small local tyre fitters... I've also driven down the road to mine in a previous car to get my wheel nuts off as they were stuck on (think the prev owners never touched them). They took it in straight away, up on the ramps and used the buzz gun to crack them off and put them back on for me... Free of charge :)

ATS? They get it straight in as they never have work ;)

Monster Detail":26iwk1m9 said:
Al":26iwk1m9 said:

Everyone seems to have a 'nice little garage down the road', why can't I ever find one of these?! It's so annoying, all the garages I've used around here are complete cowboys. This is supposed to be a nice area as well!!! Rant over, lol.

What we have in tyre places we lack massively in any helpful or useful Renault Dealer. And decent, attractive women while I'm on the lack of things.

Al":3hc4txr0 said:
Monster Detail":3hc4txr0 said:
Al":3hc4txr0 said:

What we have in tyre places we lack massively in any helpful or useful Renault Dealer. And decent, attractive women while I'm on the lack of things.

Haha. We don't have good Renault dealers either, I wonder if it's a nationwide problem?!

Twingogeekeo":c1hwz5se said:
Matt":c1hwz5se said:
Monster Detail":c1hwz5se said:

ATS? They get it straight in as they never have work ;)

I just called my local ATS and they'll do it for £22.50 per tyre. Quite expensive but at least they're willing to fit tyres not purchased from them.

Monster Detail":2k75nkyb said:
Haha. We don't have good Renault dealers either, I wonder if it's a nationwide problem?! I've had a girlfriend for 3 years now, so I don't really pay much attention to the local talent, lol.

No idea, but it's why I'd rather drive 50 miles to Karl for a service and warranty work.

Have you ever seen The Only Way is Essex? I live slap bang in the middle of where it's set - all the places they visit are within 3 miles of me, and sadly enough the programme is a pretty realistic view on things this way. That's why the talent is disgraceful. I mean, is it too much to ask to have an attractive girl that can spell her name?

Al":360y1359 said:
Monster Detail":360y1359 said:
Haha. We don't have good Renault dealers either, I wonder if it's a nationwide problem?! I've had a girlfriend for 3 years now, so I don't really pay much attention to the local talent, lol.

No idea, but it's why I'd rather drive 50 miles to Karl for a service and warranty work.

Have you ever seen The Only Way is Essex? I live slap bang in the middle of where it's set - all the places they visit are within 3 miles of me, and sadly enough the programme is a pretty realistic view on things this way. That's why the talent is disgraceful. I mean, is it too much to ask to have an attractive girl that can spell her name?

Vajazzle ;)

When i got my tyres from camskill i used my local Hi Q. Think it was about 20 quid for a pair and that included nitrogen. That was a couple of years ago though but can't see it would have gone up that much.

Al":ft43489v said:
Monster Detail":ft43489v said:

Plus you have a secret crush on me Al ;)

No ive heard storys about some dealers that make me sick but we aint like that so thats the main thing :)

Only way is essex Grrrr my misses has to watch it i feel like death when its on it bores me to it :lol:

Twingogeekeo":3o9czptb said:
Al":3o9czptb said:
Monster Detail":3o9czptb said:

Plus you have a secret crush on me Al ;)

No ive heard storys about some dealers that make me sick but we aint like that so thats the main thing :)

Only way is essex Grrrr my misses has to watch it i feel like death when its on it bores me to it :lol:

Well it's no longer a bloody secret is it?!

Monster Detail":3tt0cak7 said:
Al":3tt0cak7 said:
Monster Detail":3tt0cak7 said:

Vajazzle ;)

lol - I'm pretty sure the show made that up because I'd never heard of it before. That beauty saloon that Amee (or however it's spelt) is 15 secs walk from work. Which (keeping the thread on topic) is no where near the tyre place.

haha, are the people actually real? Do you see them walking around etc? lol

I just checked on the HIQ website and when I typed in my postcode, it said that there are none in my area. It didn't say how far the closest one is though :s

Monster Detail":3vwv01pd said:

I just checked on the HIQ website and when I typed in my postcode, it said that there are none in my area. It didn't say how far the closest one is though :s

Yes, they are and existed beforehand. That Sam girl plays up to being thick. She was in the studio the other month and seemed quite normal to me - so much so had the cheek to invite me to my local pub just because they film there.

Can you not just check YP's for local tyre fitters and give them a call? Or is the issue more entrusting someone to do it?

Al":3g49j0wh said:
Monster Detail":3g49j0wh said:

Yes, they are and existed beforehand. That Sam girl plays up to being thick. She was in the studio the other month and seemed quite normal to me - so much so had the cheek to invite me to my local pub just because they film there.

Can you not just check YP's for local tyre fitters and give them a call? Or is the issue more entrusting someone to do it?

It's basically finding someone that will fit 2 tyres for under £20 and that won't scuff up my alloys. Sounds simple but, unfortunately, it's not.