Buying tyres from camskill, where to get them fitted?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monster Detail":gj309116 said:
Al":gj309116 said:
Monster Detail":gj309116 said:
haha, are the people actually real? Do you see them walking around etc? lol

I just checked on the HIQ website and when I typed in my postcode, it said that there are none in my area. It didn't say how far the closest one is though :s

Yes, they are and existed beforehand. That Sam girl plays up to being thick. She was in the studio the other month and seemed quite normal to me - so much so had the cheek to invite me to my local pub just because they film there.

Can you not just check YP's for local tyre fitters and give them a call? Or is the issue more entrusting someone to do it?

It's basically finding someone that will fit 2 tyres for under £20 and that won't scuff up my alloys. Sounds simple but, unfortunately, it's not.
+

I know someone ;)

Karl's nearer you than he is me - probably by 20miles. But you have to start asking at what point is it beneficial?

Everyone loves me :lol: had a Meganesport guy in here today and the other week 2 197 guys

Twingogeekeo":ynv2h3rv said:
Everyone loves me :lol: had a Meganesport guy in here today and the other week 2 197 guys

Like all prostitutes, do clients go back because the service is good? Or cheap? :lol: :p

Twingogeekeo":28ehxk75 said:
ATS? They get it straight in as they never have work ;)
Would never take a car there :s

Station garage tyres on the other side of the tracks from Brian ;)

Al":96zn9olo said:
Twingogeekeo":96zn9olo said:

Like all prostitutes, do clients go back because the service is good? Or cheap? :lol: :p

Erm both i guess as you know Renaultsport owners are very careful where they take there cars.

Matt":2yo3n0gt said:
Twingogeekeo":2yo3n0gt said:

Oh forgot about them why dont you just go to brain ?

Twingogeekeo":p5p413k8 said:
Matt":p5p413k8 said:
Twingogeekeo":p5p413k8 said:

Oh forgot about them why dont you just go to brain ?
Easier in that case just to go there as they could get it on the ramps right away.. At brians would have to hope there wasn't an mot/service going on plus his mot testers stalled my 1.2 3 times before getting it into the test bays so I don't trust them :p

Update:

The tyres arrived from camskill within 48 hours of ordering, which was pretty impressive.

I called over 20 local garages and 90% of them quoted over £18 per wheel. I ended up paying £50 for the two tyres to be fitted and for the tracking to be done.

The tracking was quite badly out and the car was pulling to the right. Now it's been fixed, the car goes in a straight line/very slightly left, as it's supposed to. The only problem is that the steering wheel doesn't seem to be in sync with this, when I hold the steering wheel dead straight, the car goes slightly right. It's purely an aesthetic problem but it's probably going to get on my nerves, so I might take it back to be sorted. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it an easy thing to put right?

Monster Detail":2xffnmlt said:
Update.

The tyres arrived within 48 hours of ordering, which was pretty impressive.

I called over 20 garages and 90% of them quoted over £18 per wheel.

I ended up paying £50 for the two tyres to be fitted and for the tracking to be done.

The tracking was quite badly out and the car was pulling to the right. Now it's been fixed, the car goes in a straight line/very slightly left, as it's meant to. The only problem is that the steering wheel doesn't seem to be in sync with this, when I hold the steering wheel dead straight, the car goes slightly right. It's purely an aesthetic problem but it's going to get on my nerves, so I might take it back. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it an easy thing to put right?

To line the steering wheel up will be hard as its fitted on splines. To be far it ill be harder then you thing for it to ever be lined up dead straight

Twingogeekeo":1l0uw4sa said:
Monster Detail":1l0uw4sa said:
Update.

The tyres arrived within 48 hours of ordering, which was pretty impressive.

I called over 20 garages and 90% of them quoted over £18 per wheel.

I ended up paying £50 for the two tyres to be fitted and for the tracking to be done.

The tracking was quite badly out and the car was pulling to the right. Now it's been fixed, the car goes in a straight line/very slightly left, as it's meant to. The only problem is that the steering wheel doesn't seem to be in sync with this, when I hold the steering wheel dead straight, the car goes slightly right. It's purely an aesthetic problem but it's going to get on my nerves, so I might take it back. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it an easy thing to put right?

To line the steering wheel up will be hard as its fitted on splines. To be far it ill be harder then you thing for it to ever be lined up dead straight

I'm not expecting it to be perfectly straight, but it should be about right.

I'd take it back - changing the tyres and sorting the tracking out (it wouldn't have been that much out from factory and under 3 years use unless you tapped it) shouldn't cause the steering wheel to be drastically off centre.

Twingogeekeo":3728wwua said:
How far out is it then ?

Talking of steering wheels, how's yous now it's lowered?

Al":1bw7kahc said:
I'd take it back - changing the tyres and sorting the tracking out (it wouldn't have been that much out from factory and under 3 years use unless you tapped it) shouldn't cause the steering wheel to be drastically off centre.

Twingogeekeo":1bw7kahc said:
How far out is it then ?

Still round :lol:

no erm seems the same proberly need to get it tracked but the tyres will be dead soon so get it all done then

Twingogeekeo":24ls8t4m said:
Al":24ls8t4m said:

Twingogeekeo":24ls8t4m said:
How far out is it then ?

Still round :lol:

no erm seems the same proberly need to get it tracked but the tyres will be dead soon so get it all done then

Ha. Ha. Ha. I only ask as lowering it tends to cause the steering wheels to be slightly off centre.

lowering it shouldnt affect the steering.
however it will prob blow thro tyres coz of the new camber/castor issues!!

I ended up taking it back to them earlier today and a different guy had a look at the tracking, he then adjusted it, which has now fixed it :)