Custom induction

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

old man and i got bored so made a slightly larger scoop then the first one. main def is that its shorter & wider and will sit above the rad to draw the cool air above it but requires the small bit of plastic that stops of from going over the radiator into the engine bay.
old one was made out of alu so very hard to modify, new one is made from plastic so its a bit easier

I'd be interested in buying one of these off you if you decide to make them available. Would it fit with the oem airbox?

nope. the idea was to remake the oem airbox with a straight through piping, unlike the stock which had multiple bends and different bored sizes. this would be 76mm from scoop to box to induction.

oh my god!!! very very intersting works orbital!!! if you want you can explain what you're doing on italian forum too!!! sure there are many people interested!!

FaBiO 180":385w7e8s said:
oh my god!!! very very intersting works orbital!!! if you want you can explain what you're doing on italian forum too!!! sure there are many people interested!!

Or link them across ;)

thanks, this has been in the works for god knows how long. will posted it up there in a bit.

just seeing when the second scoop is complete how we get them made, full carbon i can see been expensive. maybe box made from fibreglass with final layer of carbon and scoops made from firbreglass.

will have to get myself some panels and do testing on a dyno when its all done

Twingogeekeo":2ycef09h said:
FaBiO 180":2ycef09h said:

Or link them across ;)
I had just done it ;)

old mans just got back to the flat.
with all the choas in being flown out by the SAS and not being able to take his stuff, his suit case was full of fags and twingo parts. lol
bless the crazy man, but was gutted when case was opened and parts were broken. but we'll get them fixed and def give Streamline a shout to have them made up :)

cheers dude.
will take a bit of time to put back together but looks like a lot of effort went into doing it, even though its in plastic.
the first one could be sent off any time to be done but would like to get this one sorted really, the fact it can scoop more air in then the first would be better

sent off e-mail to streamline seeing if they wanted have the scoop for them selves, i've stated that i'll be handing all rights to it to themslves on the e-mail, so i aint gonna be making cash from it but asked to be credited, need some solid stuff on my CV. feel free to e-mail them and ask them to make it if you wnat one. sorry i couldnt make them, i did state i would try but the quality is poor as i cant make a good mould as that would require cutting it in half and its made from the best quality al Alu the old man can find and i need one hell of a good work bench and saw to cut it. Still trying to work on the air box, didnt like having to flip it vertical, trying to figure a way of keeping it in the same position, maybe a 45 bend into the lower part of the box with a 75mm or even larger piping

orbital":35a43hzr said:
sent off e-mail to streamline seeing if they wanted have the scoop for them selves, i've stated that i'll be handing all rights to it to themslves on the e-mail, so i aint gonna be making cash from it but asked to be credited, need some solid stuff on my CV. feel free to e-mail them and ask them to make it if you wnat one. sorry i couldnt make them, i did state i would try but the quality is poor as i cant make a good mould as that would require cutting it in half and its made from the best quality al Alu the old man can find and i need one hell of a good work bench and saw to cut it. Still trying to work on the air box, didnt like having to flip it vertical, trying to figure a way of keeping it in the same position, maybe a 45 bend into the lower part of the box with a 75mm or even larger piping
I'll certainly lob them a email

nice, whilst it would of been cool to make them my self and do a getrichquick scheme i dont want to put my name on a poorly crafted product. surprisingly the metal scoop is quite heavy :(
think i'll leave big carbon/fibreglass stuff to the bigboys and do small stuff for myself to skill and enjoy.
would be nice if someone could get a flush shot of the oem scoop and box so i know how much room i got to play with. trying to get the top of the hole in the airbox just underneath where the panel sits to get an even spread of air over the filter. when i removed the stock system. i saw it as only a very small dirt space towards the back of the area, shortening the life of the filter as they part would get clogged up the most. if your paying £30 for a filter you want all if used for the max amount of time, not 10% and having to replace it

bare in mind the power is too high but you can see the difference between complete stock system and enclosed system with scoop

very nice and good idea, thought about it, but rains to much here and would need to be off to the side. look looks ace :)
sorry for the two random posts, they wanted to see any gains etc of having the scoop.