Custom induction

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks orb.... now, this saturday, if i have some time, i will try to build a custon air scoop, that fits with the hole....

and i will post the photos of the work!!!! :)

we thought of taking off the bumper and find the hole cut in the panel and making an "S" duct from it to the gap in the bumper.
but drill holes in the first bend up and along the flat planel so any rain water hitting or travelling up would be ejected out of the holes. with my cone i've got a water proof cover but my viper doesnt have that feature :(

FaBiO 180":1ctr4c0n said:

what do you think??

That's pretty much what I was planning on doing to mine in the forseeable future Fabio, nice one :)

I'd be doing something similar to this:
1207256377894040_1.jpg

EDIT: Minus the horrific pink!

ive been having a look round the car for a good source of air and ive noticed a cracking bit down to the left of the standard air source that goes just above the radiator. there is a pointless peice of thin plastice that sits ontop of the radiator, removing this surely will give enough space to fit a cold air feed right out to the slight in the bumper?

thats what we designed the other scoop for but thats a Home-Brew project :D
scoop is wrapped up and ready to be shipped off tomorrow, with a battered to hell paint job. hehe, also took out my filter to find a dead butterfly... :shock:

this is what i do today.....

i remember you i'm an italian boy, and sometime i've problems to understand what you're saying :oops: :oops: :oops: and so i'm sorry if i didnt' answer you !!!

my car is mapped too and with this modified i have a good speed from 2000 rpm to 7200 rpm.... it's a bit loud, but the sound it's very very pretty....

when i mounted the filter without this air scope the car went really really bad!!! now it's better....

frediiii":3m1k3itv said:
does it ever rain in italy?
lol
only way to get aorund that hear is wrapping a k&n dry sock around the opening of the filter
133s ecu is a pain after a remap, slight change in anything and it throws a fit an in my case exhaust was popping at any given point

I was going to paint the passenger side calipers blue this afternoon, to match the drivers side, but got a bit carried away making this.

Intake scoop - version 1
Firstly I made up a mould from some cavity wall insulation foam, as it is easy to shape. Then wraped it in a layer of cellotape to act as a release layer, before fiberglassing. After destroying the mould to remove it, this is the result :)
5833633318_2879564fcf_b_d.jpg

5833631924_12eb55aa30_b_d.jpg

5833630424_c1e2b7a97a_b_d.jpg

5833636634_eff025533e_b_d.jpg

5833635634_77163d4851_b_d.jpg

5833634632_9e2cf32660_b_d.jpg

5833628968_9916d83fbc_b_d.jpg

A few more layers of fiberglass required, and make up some attachment lugs, to bolt onto the slam panel

nice mate, fibre glass is a pain. watch out for cracking, my filter cover/primer cracked under the heat from the radiator

orbital":3q8aln7v said:
nice mate, fibre glass is a pain. watch out for cracking, my filter cover/primer cracked under the heat from the radiator

Originaly I had intended to get it made up as a silicon hose, as I was chatting with a guy at FCS. "BakerBM, who normaly do Citron and Pug parts... However, if we get interest in 10, they will make up the mandrels and do a batch, which should be around £60.

The only downside to a silicon hose would be the reduction in the internal size, over the top of the radiator, hence reducing the amount of flow through. Hence the fiberglass version, which is layed up with several layers of glass tissue so far. Aiming for 5 or six layers, for the finished item, which should be reasonably sturdy

single layer of kevlar in the middle would help prevent any cracking.
Streamline recieved mine today, guess they'll make it if theres demands. gutted i couldnt do them myself but doing stuff like that to sell to others requires some high standards of finish :(
even though mine was out of alumin is still weighed a bomb

Hi Orbital,

have you ever fitted the second airscoop you designed on your car?

on its haste flight onboard SAS aitlines form libya it took a bashing and broke. currently waiting first scoop to be sent back and will remodel the second version.
sadly Streamline wont be making the scoop so i might just make them Garden house style and give away any i make as they'll hardly be work of arts lol

Ooh that`s not good :roll:

Have you sold your first scoop?

If there`s someone who wants to produce more of these scoops, I`m very interested in and buy one of these when they`re available...