free/cost effective RS upgrades

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeRS133

Reaction score
If im honest im wanting a little 'more' from the Twingo lately.

Removing bung from airbox usually happens once a month before i get bored

What other stuff have people been doing to their Twingo's im not neccesarily talking power but just something 'else'

Cheaply or 'freely'

Don't think there are a lot of options, change the standard panel filter to an uprated one? a few people including myself have removed the silencers of the exhaust and replaced with some stainless tubing, cost me £30ish for the tube then a mate welded it for me, doesn't make a massive sound difference imo either

I usually de-wiper all my cars too but seems with twingo its a bit of a ball ache especially if i change my mind.

Strip the interior would probably be the best "free" mod. As it would provide better acceleration, braking and handling with less weight.

Whilst certainly not free, decent tyres instead of cheap options, but they would only come into their own when the roads dry up and get a bit warmer.

Yeah i usually do that but storage space in house is 'limited' and the baby seat is usually in the car so not really an option unless i get rid of one but then upsetting the cars balance.

The kumho kh31's on front at the moment are doing a great job.

Will replace the conti1's on the rear with them.by summer i reckon.

Rear wiper isn't a pain at all matey :)
Just remove the rear boot trim, undo 2 (or 3) bolts, undo clip, insert plug/grommet.

Bob's your Aunty, done :)

That said, the Twingo is very flat backed and throws a LOT of crap on the rear window...so you might miss it :lol:

What i mean really is little things like removing silencers etc stuff you can do to just give the car a different feel.

If i had paid off the car i would have removed all the sound deadening bit i think thats a hit extreme at the moment..

133_Ads":29bn8aqs said:
Don't think there are a lot of options, change the standard panel filter to an uprated one? a few people including myself have removed the silencers of the exhaust and replaced with some stainless tubing, cost me £30ish for the tube then a mate welded it for me, doesn't make a massive sound difference imo either

There is also a resonator box infront of the passenger wheel, you can remove that for a little more induction noise?

N0ddie":2i4mcitl said:
Remove the spare wheel?
Thats something i often do i did it at bedford but left seats in.

I don't know why i haven't actually as compared to most cars its a doddle taking it out/in.

If u remove the wheel, do U need to replace it with the foam wheel kit? Or are u allowed to drive about without any type of wheel fix?

Its perfectly legal but your breakdown people will not come out if you have no wheel and need it.

I used to go round with tyre foam and a cigarette plug tyre pressure machine.

Waaay lighter ;)

JoeRS133":21tekcfc said:
I used to go round with tyre foam and a cigarette plug tyre pressure machine.

Waaay lighter ;)
Sod all use if theres a hole in your sidewall.

JoeRS133":3u54u18s said:
If i had paid off the car i would have removed all the sound deadening bit i think thats a hit extreme at the moment..

In terms of bituminous sound deadening...I really don't think there's all that much :)

When you start removing the carpets and the sound deadening stuff, it can get very noisy and hot in the car.

When I went with yotah on the ring I was so glad when we did a whole lap and put the window down for a few secs.. felt like I was getting microwaved :p

MovingShadow":gbd2oru3 said:
When you start removing the carpets and the sound deadening stuff, it can get very noisy and hot in the car.

When I went with yotah on the ring I was so glad when we did a whole lap and put the window down for a few secs.. felt like I was getting microwaved :p

Or S14a'd

I wonder where all the weight is in a Twingo then? My old saxo was 930kg standard yet twingo is more than 100kg more and you can feel it!

I think its ludicrous my back seats weigh 18 kg each!!

You know that stage where you love your car but you just want that something else from it?

I think if i was still earning decent money it would be a proper lil machine by now lol

I suppose having air con and abs etc adds some weight too.

I don't plan on crashing though haha
Im at the stage of where i've had the car for a year and you kind of become attached to it and think its the best thing ever a bit like a girlfriend but you are starting to get used to it and wish it tarted itself up a bit more and went faster lol

Saw a lovely 197 yesterday and its going to be hard to resist one once the new rs is out and their prices hit bottom.