GhostZ's Gordini RS Progress (Time to end this chapter ...)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oscar":3dke67rf said:
i like it nonetheless dude, didn't mean to sound grumpy there! are you still going down the cheeky jap route and having fun with the looks of your twingo?? i really hope you are mate. it'll look so good, so different :D

i still want to see a rear tow hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe want to make it like this , i want to figure out or what to build to make it look clean and maybe functional

469994338_717.jpg

i always had a soft hart for jap cars :p

if you're interested, i'm going to make a bracket up so that my tow hook can sit the way it is in the picture (you need this bracket otherwise it can only sit like a cup holder...like mines)

do you want me to make you a bracket up too and you can just pay for postage over? it means that w/e tow hook you go for, you can bolt straight on the correct way :D

oscar":1gg6u9jb said:
if you're interested, i'm going to make a bracket up so that my tow hook can sit the way it is in the picture (you need this bracket otherwise it can only sit like a cup holder...like mines)

do you want me to make you a bracket up too and you can just pay for postage over? it means that w/e tow hook you go for, you can bolt straight on the correct way :D

it's nice that you want to make one but maybe im going to grind away the original ring and make or weld something to it so i can just bolt it on there

i still have to think it out tho :p but i have other things i want to finish before i go there :D

So me and my mate Wesley have taken Recaro CS Seats out of a Megane 3 RS (which had a little crash ) fixed the broken parts and replaced the broken plastic bits bended and grinding and welding it back together so it becomes a seat , and then try to make it fit with the frames for the Twingo RS also after that make a design and refurb it with new leather this is what you get ;)

ERFMOqU.jpg

c3kDIfU.jpg

rCmLx3d.jpg

Pne3k7Q.jpg

SwyOx92.jpg

DFAz4wR.jpg

HOLY F*** THEY ARE SEXUAL!

YES CAPS ARE NEEDED!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GhostZ":1u0oz4ri said:
So me and my mate Wesley have taken Recaro CS Seats out of a Megane 3 RS (which had a little crash ) fixed the broken parts and replaced the broken plastic bits bended and grinding and welding it back together so it becomes a seat , and then try to make it fit with the frames for the Twingo RS also after that make a design and refurb it with new leather this is what you get ;)

ERFMOqU.jpg

c3kDIfU.jpg

rCmLx3d.jpg

Pne3k7Q.jpg

SwyOx92.jpg

DFAz4wR.jpg

I'm in love!!!!!
Can you make an how-to guide for the fitment?

TheOnePC":18m81jgd said:
GhostZ":18m81jgd said:

ERFMOqU.jpg

c3kDIfU.jpg

rCmLx3d.jpg

Pne3k7Q.jpg

SwyOx92.jpg

DFAz4wR.jpg

I'm in love!!!!!
Can you make an how-to guide for the fitment?

buy OMP seat subframe , some universal seat rails and then they way i have done is a crazy 1 off method (why because i could get these seat damn cheap) , you take the recaro CS seat frame of the megane RS 3 and you cut it up with a grinder to pieces and weld it back together to make it somewhat as a supporting frame fitting for your twingo (i had to redrill some holes in the OMP subframe

the easier way would be to buy universal recaro cs seats then universal rails and universal OMP subframe and then bolt it all together and then fit that in your car

a how to guide.... what do you want me to make cause i cannot sum up around 3 days (+ long nights) full work into a sort of tutorial i cannot take the frames apart anymore and i did not have time to take pictures cause i wanted to move forward and get these fitted and not make a documentary about it :p

well done, glad to see you're like me in the sense that you're not affraid to cut things to pieces to make them fit. you can make anything fit if you put your mind to it!

looks really good man got to admit

Looks good, how did you remove the back of the recaros to spray blue? I want to do mine white and eventually retrim them similar to yours but its costly to do here

waitey":3h8rzuda said:
Looks good, how did you remove the back of the recaros to spray blue? I want to do mine white and eventually retrim them similar to yours but its costly to do here
It not sprayed, it's a fabric glued on.

He didn't make pictures of it step by step but this is somewhere in the middle of the process.

wZd3ewFl.jpg

MovingShadow":34j1wn4d said:
waitey":34j1wn4d said:
It not sprayed, it's a fabric glued on.

He didn't make pictures of it step by step but this is somewhere in the middle of the process.

wZd3ewFl.jpg

yes this is the process of using blue leather to glue them onto the back of the recaro's i do warn you it will be a pain in your fingers to get the leather where you sit on back in to place cause the gap gets very thin where you have to pull it back in to place to secure it , so allot of elbow grease will be needed after you have done this (and sometimes a flat screwdriver and a hammer >_> this is not a joke)

so it has been a while since i posted something i have been busy to make her sit right on the new ST suspension (ST-X) kit i installed and also on my future updates

10395196_693790530670480_4213680033069493881_n.jpg

so now she sits quite nicely just a bit of rubbing on full lock in the front and when in first gear pulling hard and when the boot is loaded she tends to rub on the inside of the arches on the back (probably going to get some lowered springs which are a bit stiffer to solve this problem)

Fj3MbXN.jpg

dBsI0UQ.jpg

ujpF3jJ.jpg

veNdflq.jpg

1qj907L.jpg

X14QgBD.jpg

overall the ride comfort is great a bit sad they did not make a KW variant 2 out of this so i could fiddle around with the hardness setting a bit cause its sometimes its a bit to soft for me don't get me wrong the ride quality is quite nice

also one of my updates im working on :D

the white rims 7 wide
3BL1BqL.jpg

new ones 9 wide in the back :p
hHgyeVp.jpg

8 wide in the front
cR5cK44.jpg

TNZANix.jpg

Looks good let me know how you get on fitting the wide rims, saw the car at FCS it looked great