GhostZ's Gordini RS Progress (Time to end this chapter ...)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thoughtbthat it was with a code, so no code no starting.

what kind of anti theft is it?

Jarre":79hnmrwi said:
thoughtbthat it was with a code, so no code no starting.

what kind of anti theft is it?

Jarre dont take it to seriously (joke) i just removed the steering wheel and going to change something about it ;)

My guess is he is getting some alcantara on the existing steering wheel while he is one vacation and install it again when he's back? :p

Wanted to go for alcantara but many said if its your daily and you drive it to work back and forth the steering wheel is going to look like shit , cause al the fibres get smashed on the wheel , I will show more if i get back from holiday

So after a 2nd time (complete new steering wheel after the first time covered by warenty ;) ) my original dini steering wheel it's perforated leather has been melted together again and made a nasty wrinkle on it and made it annoying to drive with so i was completely fed up with this ...

The crap perforated leather they used on the original wheel is not made for "rough hands" or to stay in the sun as a daily car so i had 2 options to solve this

first i wanted to get an aftermarket OMP deep dish wheel but then i would fail Belgian MOT and bla bla bla safety ..... you already know this

so i had another option when a friend of me said why don't you go and refurbish the wheel so this was not that costly and i could choose what i wanted so he contacted his personal leather guy and he made my steering for a good price :D

now i wanted to go for alcantara first but many said as your daily car please dont do it , it will look like crap within a few months

so this is the result , i made it OEM look so it suits the car exterior no stripes but better quality leather so i hope this will survive a bit longer :D

LIDLzfW.jpg

CTacD0e.jpg

qrw8.jpg

x8p9.jpg

fizs.jpg

kuq2.jpg

kz6r.jpg

qptk.jpg

xyhr.jpg

he also said after some time the leather will get a bit more tighter so some of the wrinkles in the leather will smooth out and also tested it out and man it is a nice feeling this fresh leather im happy with this :D

So i needed a winter set cause last year i used the OEM dini rims and it hurts me to put them through that weather

So i wanted a cheap set of rims , i was thinking steelies , 2nd hand or new ...

1- steelies = i was thinking of putting a color on them to be a bit more pretty but yeah steelies will make my car cry :/

2- 2nd hand rims= i looked at few but couldn't find my taste or most where horribly damaged ...

3- New = yes i took the last option NEW and CHEAP :D there was a sale where i bought my Buddyclubs P1 and they where selling these 15 inch rims for 65 euro's a piece so that was a bargain in my eyes cause it was more then half price off :p

also i wanted to do a bit more crazy for winter i also call it a safety feature and seems to fit well with the rest of the colors :D
so here i test fitted them specs are 15 inch 6,5 wide ET 38

1w98.jpg

39l2.jpg

l7wx.jpg

tmut.jpg

vnp2.jpg

wouldn't recommend jacking the car up on it, it's okay to use the jack to push the hub upwards once the other side is on axle stands or for when you're supporting the entire hub whilst doing discs. should be fine though as the cars not too heavy, but don't do it again or you're getting a slapped backside sir :p

MovingShadow":3as96v1p said:
Jarre":3as96v1p said:
where did you jacked the car up??
I think one the lower arm. I've jacked up my car on that point as well.

correct !! friend of me said to do it this way it is a solid piece to jack up not like the sils (zij lijsten) i used first that got bended like it was made out of plastic ...

oscar":3as96v1p said:
wouldn't recommend jacking the car up on it, it's okay to use the jack to push the hub upwards once the other side is on axle stands or for when you're supporting the entire hub whilst doing discs. should be fine though as the cars not too heavy, but don't do it again or you're getting a slapped backside sir :p

well this is the best way as this piece is rock solid ... and the sils are made out of crap so if you know a bette way please do tell :?

i jacked it up on the suspension arm i think the one closest to the engine and in the middle of the arm where the joint is i think quit hard to explain in english but i think you will quite understand where ....

that's the problem i am having, the sills just bend...

i am just looking for something sturdy to jack it up and looks like the twingo is made of plastics LOL

could you upload a pic? :)
i wanted to paint the brakeshoes but the sills wouldn't cooperate :|