GhostZ's Gordini RS Progress (Time to end this chapter ...)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gordini Kei? ;) You should know by now that I'm all for anything that's outside of the box in terms of ideas. the silver / chrome shineysssss doesn't do it much justice though!

so i change my project thread a bit some of the pictures where massively oversized due to imageshack changing all sorths of stuff ,again for forums it is not so good for people with low bandwith so it will be much nicer to read now ;) thanks to Imgur and Postimage

some small random updates :D (phone quality pictures not the best i know i need a new phone >_>)

made a custom extension for my shifter and made a LONG SHIFTER :D (fu your short shifter kits :p)

IMAG1064.jpg

also i needed to drop the twingo a bit lower in the rear cause it was sitting to high for my liking , also the ST springs are a bit to soft to go lower wich meant it was eating up my tires while accelerating out of 1st and 2nd so smaller and tougher springs will do :D

IMAG1067.jpg

also shell V-power FTW :D !

IMAG1071.jpg

IMAG1075.jpg

So as some of you may know i have sold my Gordini N° 880 and it's waiting to be bought by another owner ...

IMG_207481256276205.jpg

some may ask WHY !? , well i loved my dini it was a fun little car and put many smiles on my face ,i had more plans to make it a combination of Stance/Race out of it but as i was counting down how much more i had to spend to make it to my needs and also the modifications i had to do in the future to satisfy me (engine and exterior) , in the end i could never get rid of the car because of all the modifications i had done to it and all the money spend on it would be lost for me and a gain for the other owner ... (most of my mods were reverted)

IMG_188771721108901.jpg

also the 2nd part of the story is i wanted more power , to achieve this in belgium on a 1.6 N/A engine is frankly stupidly expensive to get it trough homologation because of you cannot do any engine swaps and no bolt-ons like supercharger or turbo's , well you can do it but you have to spend a few years to get it trough Belgium’s MOT and get it all legalized to achieve that with a low chance of succeeding or swap out the engine every year and hope you don’t get caught , so i needed a solution to get a car which i can fiddle around with and do not have the Belgium MOT whine about it with the upgrades I would do sort of bending the rules ;)

SwyOx92.jpg

so I went out and searched for a new car and I wanted to have a French or a Japanese car , I have a weak hart for Japanese cars but at the market of today there is not a reasonable price for a fast Japanese car that is decently equipped for the price I wanted to pay and also that I liked at the date of today , so French would be the answer and I have stayed with my brand I began with and bought a Megane RS 265 (facelift)

IMG_20150123_130340.jpg

IMG_20150124_131351.jpg

IMG_20150124_133739.jpg

IMG_20150124_133807.jpg

I hope this car will give me the same smiles and giggles I had with the Dini :D

To end this off I wanted to thank a good Friend of mine Wesley he helped me a lot with upgrading the Twingo and also putting it back to standard , also thank you Twingo133.net for the fantastic car community I have ever been in and the masses of information we gather together this is not completely goodbye because I will be attending to FCS and other UK car meets probably ;)

i will be less on this forum but you can still contact me as some people got me on facebook and still you guys can ask me any questions in PM’s and other stuff I will try answer them if not hook me up on facebook my real name is Kevin Fol

GhostZ

logging out :p

Congratulations on the purchase Kevin, it looks nice. Really loving the face-lift, it does make the ph1 front end look dated!

Does Renault Belgium offer anything similar to Renault 4+ in the UK? Ie breakdown, warranty and servicing for 4 years (although Renault UK have recently withdrawn their servicing offer - you can always get it thrown in as I did).

I'll miss the blue angry Twingo.
Love the new purchase.

When you look at it like that, it really does make sense in buying a car like that.

For the mean time, I'll keep an eye on my dream car but keep my current car for as long as possible.

maggi200":2tol5kon said:
Congratulations on the purchase Kevin, it looks nice. Really loving the face-lift, it does make the ph1 front end look dated!

Does Renault Belgium offer anything similar to Renault 4+ in the UK? Ie breakdown, warranty and servicing for 4 years (although Renault UK have recently withdrawn their servicing offer - you can always get it thrown in as I did).

i could take 4 years total but got 2 years as i rather fiddle with the car warranty would be of less use to me , i think i could only get warrenty and not the servicing part , btw at how much miles/km you have to service (oil) ?

Universe":3d4vp9z9 said:
Are any of your parts going to be for sale ?

yes wheels, seats and etc but as you must know i live in Belgium and small parts can be shipped as i figure out how , the bigger ones however think it would be pricey