gt / 133 versus the world

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty good my work mates got a standard vxr and my cups standard too and on straights he pulls on me easy. Vxrs are slow after 120 tho

My scenics fast as ****. Kills supercars!

tbh my mums almera tino see when you drop a few cogs and floor it, it lets of a hell of a roar and is quite nippy for being a sailing boat!!! well nippy for what it is lol

2.0 Clio with 4 chavs in, against my Twingo 133. Got the intial jump (from 30 mph rolling start) then realised what the funk I was doing and returned to driving like grandma. I thank you!

class31":1s7e9253 said:
2.0 Clio with 4 chavs in, against my Twingo 133. Got the intial jump (from 30 mph rolling start) then realised what the funk I was doing and returned to driving like grandma. I thank you!
Lol I like this haha

I beat a smart car once with 2 people in it..... I'm not bragging or anything, but it was a well fought victory!

You can't keep up with almost anything else on the road in a 133... Especially at higher speeds. Any generic 110bhp vag tdi or 2.0 mbw 5 series with 1.6 tons have been giving me headaches on straight roads. Twisty roads are a different story though :)

frediiii":3fyfrpsn said:
You can't keep up with almost anything else on the road in a 133... Especially at higher speeds. Any generic 110bhp vag tdi or 2.0 mbw 5 series with 1.6 tons have been giving me headaches on straight roads. Twisty roads are a different story though :)

I had a 2.0tdci mondo new shape in a straight line race. Pulled on him but wouldn't say I 'battered' him

Done a E46 330 yesterday, he was on inside lane, i was in middle lane! him-70, me-71!

Get me fam, safe, bless etc etc.....

Not really raced on the streets..

But a few ocasions though:

Draged against my friends 1.4 Ibiza diesel mapped to 115 bhp (instead of stock 85 bhp) but alot of torque. I won and I wasn't even ragging it (had a poor start).

Another of my friends has a Skoda Fabia 1.2 or 1.4 TDI (not sure) stock and I floored it when going on a ramp onto the highway. He tried to follow but I was gone .. Afterwards he said "How can your 1.2 turbo be so quick??"

Once I dragged against a Audi A6 Quattro, lost ofcourse but I could keep up with him, to my surprising.

On a curvy part of the highway I flew past a bike.. he went like "WTFBBQSAUCE" and overtook me as soon it went to a straight line again.

On the same curvy bends on the highway I overtook an VW Passat TDI. Don't know what engine he had but he was trying to keep infront of me but couldn't and once at the straight highway part again I let him pass.

eynonz":5hm9fbcq said:
I beat a smart car once with 2 people in it..... I'm not bragging or anything, but it was a well fought victory!
Those smart cars can be tuned to scarily quick spec, my old managers mother had one all tuned up and it went like a bat out of hell!! Speedo needle dips below the dash so you have no idea how fast you are going after 80 mph lmao

Haha yeah the current ones from 07 on are Mitsubishi engines (bar the diesel) and even the basic spec is 71hp but actually will read more on the rollers (well mine did) and as it weighs naff all they're certainly spritely.

Brabus spec starts 101hp but turbo and easily will hit 120+hp which will out drag a Mini Cooper s mid gear. Just don't ask it to change :lol: flappy paddles are fun. Breaking your neck isn't

maggi112":dkfxy89b said:
Haha yeah the current ones from 07 on are Mitsubishi engines (bar the diesel) and even the basic spec is 71hp but actually will read more on the rollers (well mine did) and as it weighs naff all they're certainly spritely.

Brabus spec starts 101hp but turbo and easily will hit 120+hp which will out drag a Mini Cooper s mid gear. Just don't ask it to change :lol: flappy paddles are fun. Breaking your neck isn't
When we were in the UK, Ghostz won with a drag against my brothers Smart Roadster Brabus (which is mapped to 120 bhp).

I'd say the automatic gearbox is a disadvantage when it comes down to that..

Yep a massive one. The current running gear is a massive step forward. The engine is stronger by far. And the gearbox much quicker. Yet the gearbox still lets it down.

I bought the car to save costs, gave up when the mpg was rubbish whatever you did. I get more mpg than that in my 133 and it is much quicker, especially across country

i have had a few pull's with my bro's mk6 zetec s and hes a sitting duck. were i live it is full of chav's in there zetec 's thinking there in some sort of super car :lol: Thats essex for you

Yeah smashed a Zetec s at the weekend :) overtook him then slowed down a bit to make him want to play an then left him behind on the country roads :D

Even my heavier clio with the 1.2tce will pull away from those bad boy zetec s' lol. Although there is an older shaped one (mk4? :-/) round here that has a 2litre turbo stuffed under the bonnet allegedly kicking over 250 bhp but whatever the figures it's like a rocket ship!!

On another note...mine will just about keep up with my brothers ek9 civic when its not in vtec...when that kicks in it like he has hit nitrous and totally screams off into the distance...we will have a play though its good fun :)

lgonzalez":lr4k0azp said:
Even my heavier clio with the 1.2tce will pull away from those bad boy zetec s' lol. Although there is an older shaped one (mk4? :-/) round here that has a 2litre turbo stuffed under the bonnet allegedly kicking over 250 bhp but whatever the figures it's like a rocket ship!!

Standard ZS has a 9.9 0-62 the ones you need to look out for are puma engine ones or the odd mk1 focus engined one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.