Headlight bulbs

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollieallen

Reaction score
I've got HIDs in at the moment but tempted to take them out. Although they look good the spread on them is ridiculous due to the reflectors and I'm afraid of getting pulled over because of them!

What bulbs would people suggest as a replacement for the normal yellow ones? I want something brighter (but road legal) and preferably white/whiter than standard

I had the OSRAM Nightbreaker + (100%+)
They were really nice and white, loads better than the standard yellow affairs.

I put frosted white sidelights in too.
I'll have to dig a pic out.

I liked the sound of the OSRAM Cool Blue but I never saw any and I got my ONB+ from carbonfanatics on here (£19)

Thanks for the suggestions! After having a rough look at pictures on google (not very thorough I know) I think i'll go for the nightbreakers. They just seem a little less bright than the blue hyper which is what I want, but still quite white.

Am I right in thinking the side lights are a 501 connection? Want to get some LEDs for those, the interior lights and the number plate lights just to get it looking brighter!

My 133 with Nightbreaker+ on the left and Cool Blue Hyper on the right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 313
Twingogangster83":3ff9mb04 said:

Brilliant thanks for that! How do you find the light spread on the cool blues? The only reason I ask is because the spread on my HIDs is ridiculous and goes in every direction and doesn't focus properly on the ground. Obviously because of a lack of projector lens but I'm worried bright standard bulbs will just have the same problem.

ollieallen":35yilxcm said:
Twingogangster83":35yilxcm said:

Brilliant thanks for that! How do you find the light spread on the cool blues? The only reason I ask is because the spread on my HIDs is ridiculous and goes in every direction and doesn't focus properly on the ground. Obviously because of a lack of projector lens but I'm worried bright standard bulbs will just have the same problem.

The spread of the Hypers is good average ....the Light isnt bright as the Nightbreaker+ but its quite enough light on the Road.

In my Opinion Nightbreakers make the best Light .....No normal H4 Bulb can compete to them.

Hypers have average Light with an really cool look.

Osram Nightbreaker Plus. Enough said.

Beam pattern, brightness, whiteness, legal, last well, not a bad price.

Twingogangster83":zodxsydh said:
The spread of the Hypers is good average ....the Light isnt bright as the Nightbreaker+ but its quite enough light on the Road.

In my Opinion Nightbreakers make the best Light .....No normal H4 Bulb can compete to them.

singlespeed":zodxsydh said:

Nightbreakers it is then! Another purchase for next week, along with the LEDs and chrome indicators. Thanks for the opinions guys :)

ollieallen":3am99n91 said:
Twingogangster83":3am99n91 said:

singlespeed":3am99n91 said:

Nightbreakers it is then! Another purchase for next week, along with the LEDs and chrome indicators. Thanks for the opinions guys :)
make sure you get the "Night breaker Plus" version as theres still some of the earlier non-plus versions about for £1 cheaper

singlespeed":3pclhuah said:
make sure you get the "Night breaker Plus" version as theres still some of the earlier non-plus versions about for £1 cheaper

Oh yeah of course, I've already found them on eBay for about £15 or so :)

singlespeed":1szqr4dj said:

Sold me set ordered!!! :cool: