Help!: Light issue

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritchp

Reaction score
Hey all,

Please help!!!

Right, the passenger side tail light does not work. I have tested the bulb on the other side and it is fine so its not the bulb. The brake light and the other lights are fine it is just the tail light on the passenger side does not work.

Along with this, the number plate lights do not work and the passenger side front sidelight does not work either.

Please help!! ive gone through everything and have no idea!!!

Have u put a probe tester in the sockets that the lights plug into to test if there is any current when you tuen them on ?

Are you comeing to the meet ? If so if it ain't sorted by then can have a look for you will bring my tester and have a look.

anyone know what number fuse it is?/where it would be/ how can i tell if it has blown... will it look different ?

yh i know nothing about fuses....

Pritch,

Have you checked your Owner's Manual - that should tell you which one it is.

How can you tell? Swap it with another of the same rating and see what happens.

Don't know about these, but on many cars, there're a couple of spares in the fusebox so you might have one with the same rating there (if you do use a spare, replace it asap 'cos otherwise you're stuffed if you blow another).

If it is a blown fuse, and all the bulbs etc are OK, it might be worth getting it checked out by the garage, because they don't usually blow for no reason (although with all the cold weather, something could've overloaded it...).

Good luck, mate, hope it's not going to be expensive.

Chances are it'll be a fuse. Most cars have separate fuses for each side of the lighting rather than arguably a more logical "Set"; left indicators, left sidelights etc.

doesnt appear a fuse...

just looked... apparently fuse 15 is sidelights... and one sidelight works and one doesnt..so cant be that...

just uploading some pics....

pictures:

lights "on"

carissue.jpg

brakes on:

carissue2.jpg

is there any rust etc in the actual holder for the bulb maybe covering contact .... maybe bit of water ingress..

did you check if you where getting a voltage to the light ?

.....erm.....what? ahaha

like a 9V battery?
surely there will be though because it works for the brake light?

Check the other related fuses - headlight ones, beam etc - these are separate as I've just looked in the manual, and could be conflicting or part of the circuit.