How much is your RS to insure ???

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prabmire":2yc43ibe said:
Karl he knows the person who insured him on a personal level if the underwriters were to find out then his insurance would be void

No thats actually not true, I know of someone who works for an insurance company, he advised what i should say to get the best price, i rang up a insurance company said those things and got a good price its just like using say martin lewis.

Jordysport":23p8dg7x said:
Prabmire":23p8dg7x said:
Karl he knows the person who insured him on a personal level if the underwriters were to find out then his insurance would be void

No thats actually not true, I know of someone who works for an insurance company, he advised what i should say to get the best price, i rang up a insurance company said those things and got a good price its just like using say martin lewis.

In which case..share the love.. what are these secret codes haha!
Sharing is caring so please go on.
Like you say, its not dodgy or anything..................

Twingo GT
23 Years old
3 Points
4 years NCD (5 in 2011)
£420 fully comp, not bad as my areas mid risk

Upset at quote for VR6 golf which is going to be my daily hack £850 :(

Jordysport":1qrt7w58 said:
Prabmire":1qrt7w58 said:

Nothing wrong with that... Even if your mate gave you the quote personally he wouldn't be able to adjust it in your favor so nothing is illegal about it :s

im in a high rate too which sucks :( other wise 200 would of been nice, hoping after 5yrs NCb in january will drop close to half :D

Right then, mine is due 31st Dec....

Currently with aviva who quoted me £880 last year but now renewal is over £2k!!

Twingo 133 cup, 58 reg, no mods.
I'm 27, 1 year NCB, No points.
Need fully comp, can go up to £250 excess.

I can't seem to get below a grand from the compare websites so any ideas?

So far Ive just done single driver and from what I've read it will benefit me to put my dad as a named driver?

Have you tryed the forum traders?

I put my misses on my insurance as a named driver and it knocked it down now she thinks she can drive it when ever she likes Grrrrrrrrrr

Kizzye insurance is going up a little bit for everyone but yours is more then double its an absolute joke, compare websites always are more expensive, try going to direct line directly and CIS, they have been cheap for me in the past

I just got my renewal through on my Megane.

For the first time ever it's actually noticeably cheaper, £526 fully comp! Not bad considering the insurance group.

kizzye":21likzcf said:
I can't seem to get below a grand from the compare websites so any ideas?

If there's a local insurance broker on your local high street, go in and ask them.

Tell them your renewal is "about £500-and-something" and ask what they can do.

Whatever figure they quote, say "if you can knock about a hundred off that, I'll take it", and see what they say.

If there are two brokers on the high street, even better - go to one, get their best quote then immediately go to the other and say "I've just got this quote from your competitors down the street - can you beat it?" - they always do...

They probably won't get anywhere near £500, but if you only save twenty quid, it's still the price of a few beers out in your pocket.

Don't be embarrassed about haggling - the worst they can do is say no.

I've been with local brokers for ever, and they're ALWAYS cheaper than the same cover online :ugeek:

Good luck.

I'll try it on my lunch break tomorrow/between xmas & new year. Thanks for the advice mate

No luck, quoted me £1012 and wouldn't go any lower. Offered me 3 monthly installments at interest free tho.

I am so so pi**ed off with this insurance now. Can't seem to get below a grand. It's an absolute disgrace!
I now am a more experienced driver in the same car with 1 year no claims and I am being charged more.
All the people out there who have claimed when they didn't need or have to, shame on you, it's the general public tax payers like me who have to suffer the consequences.

notrhing but money grabbing.

Ans they wonder why people dont have insurance

Ended up with Tesco, just over a grand on monthly installments as I can't afford a lump sum this time of year. Thats about a 25% increase on last years policy :-(

If anyone can think of any ideas (EG adding parents, decreasing mileage, no commuting) etc to lower the costs then let me know as I have a 14 day cooling off period.

I have also thought of one other local broker to try