I`ve found a bad point about the twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toni_133

Reaction score
My previous car was a SEAT ibiza (04) and i hated it, it had no power and went round corners like a boat, but i have found one good point with it against the twingo......... it had heated windscreen washers that never froze :x .

This was my windscreen on the way to work last week and I had to stop 3 times to try and sort out the washers on the twingo and to clean the screen and it didnt help at all. I`ve tried everything i can think of to try and un-freeze them and nothing. its been 3 days now with no washers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

02122010050-1.jpg

i have the same problem toni mines all froze up i had to stop and clean with a cloth

I had the same problem, thought it was just the jets so poured some hot water over them... Didn't stop it.

In the end I just assumed I'd run out of fluid but then a couple days after the snow tried again and voila... It must have been the lines that were frozen (which is strange considering the amount of heat in the engine bay). Never had so much trouble with washers myself either (owned 2 clios before twingo)!

Now the snow here has gone it's just really cold... I keep forgetting to de-ice my windscreen so half way down the road I'll have a de-icer spray out the window trying to de-ice the windscreen while driving lol :s

Matt":7ziyrnm6 said:
Now the snow here has gone it's just really cold... I keep forgetting to de-ice my windscreen so half way down the road I'll have a de-icer spray out the window trying to de-ice the windscreen while driving lol :s

Thats never good, I was tempted to hang out the window and chuck some water at it the other day. I was just waiting for a lorry to drive past and put some more crap at the windscreen so i might be able to get rid it.

I think i`m going to have a look later and make sure nothing as burst or something similiar.

If your washer fluid has frozen might not have done you mixture right i use the cheap renault stuff motrio it goes as low as -20oc from memory

Usually if you stick pure screen wash in, it shouldn't freeze in this weather.

In theory, if you've got a strong mixture in the pipes as well it shouldn't re-freeze.

Still looks like a right old pain in the arse haha. Luckily the bus I've been getting instead of driven by the missus had a clean windscreen! lol

Ive overcome this problem recently, i didnt buy screenwash i bought £3 vodka from asda and filled my tank up ;)

Prabmire":3kl2ate9 said:
Ive overcome this problem recently, i didnt buy screenwash i bought £3 vodka from asda and filled my tank up ;)

Really, i would be tempted to drink it out the washers if i had a bad day at work :)

It works, i remember seeing it done in russia when i was on my gap year many moons ago well not that many but you get my point, vodka doesnt freeze either thats why i keep mine in the freezer gotta have it ice cold lol

I knew vodka doesnt freeze, but never thought about putting it in my washers, does it ruin your paint or is it actually the same as using normally anti-freeze?

Max":1kbrntgk said:
Another bad point about the twingo is the horn! Hugely embarrassing lol

Hahaha I couldn't agree more!! :lol:

The horn is utterly weedy. I replaced the horn in my old Lupo with a dual air horn, used to surprise a few people as it was mounted behind the scuttle panel as well. hehe

The only other bad thing I can think of is on the clio you get a petrol tank mileage left indicator, which the twingo doesn't have