mikehealy5's GT progress thread (plenty pics)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were a b*****d to fit due to the intercooler but we got there eventually!!

BlackTwingo-i":15ylqwm4 said:
And then they didnt work :lol

Shoddy workmanship!!!

They do work!

Jjay":15ylqwm4 said:
BlackTwingo-i":15ylqwm4 said:
And then they didnt work :lol

Shoddy workmanship!!!

Northerners for u ;)

Shouldn't you change the "Car: 141bhp Twingo GT"

Nothing wrong with Northerners! ;)

Haha all working now mike thanks for you concern tho! Lol

Jjay you got this pic of your boost gauge tap in yet?? Oh and I herd your run on the rollers wernt as good as you thought it would be. That's a shame maybe it might have something to do with your constant boost pressure who knows?? Lol I wish I would of gone! Looked like loads of fun!!!

probably has more to do with the pikiest induction set up ive ever seen hahaha

Thats some nice updates already!

One thing I don't get is, why did you put exhaust wrap around the carbon airbox? I thought these were resilient against heat due to the carbon fibre shield..

mikehealy5":15gpykm1 said:
Why what's it like??
565323.jpg

MovingShadow":2n18iahp said:
Thats some nice updates already!

One thing I don't get is, why did you put exhaust wrap around the carbon airbox? I thought these were resilient against heat due to the carbon fibre shield..

Cheers mate.

i wraped it up in exhaust wrap for two reasons- 1st being the box used to get really hot after long runs and I just wanted to try and keep as much heat away from that area as possible so the heat wouldn't transfer on to the CAF. And 2nd because it sits on the manifold it used to make a tapping sound from the vibrations of the engine when I booted it so its being used as abit of cushioning too lol.

Understandable.. it's tucked away between the back of the engine bay, the engine & the turbo. Probaly the hottest part of the engine bay.

I've also build my own air induction on the GT engine. Recently made a small new update for it too :)

Jjay":11zzfla0 said:
I'm
Never gonna live this down :-( damnit...
Only one thing for it......

Nitrous.

Because... Race car!

* cleaned up the double posts ;) * MS

MovingShadow":20gvxggl said:
Understandable.. it's tucked away between the back of the engine bay, the engine & the turbo. Probaly the hottest part of the engine bay.

I've also build my own air induction on the GT engine. Recently made a small new update for it too :)

i was thinking about moving the box to the left hand side of the engine bay but there just isnt enough room.