My Twingo GT - Phwoar, what a rack on her.- 18/09/2014

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Dubz. I'm aware there's a similar looking 'Silverstone' edition of the RS model, however, didn't know about it till i'd booked the work to be done.
lgonzalez":1sbvwh52 said:
That looks great :) well done.
I do like a bit of carbon wrap myself ;-
Thanks Igonzalez! I like carbon wrap, but it's been done to death on the local car scene, so thought i'd keep to the tried and true gloss black.
mikehealy5":1sbvwh52 said:
Give it a try mate if it goes wrong or just looks shite then you can just peel it off! Its far safer and cheaper than painting that's for sure! Lol
I'm tempted to try it myself, but hear that the remaining parts i'd like done - the wing mirrors - are a bit of a pain, especially for a newbie. I'll likely give it a try, though. Oddly, my mam has previously done some vinyl wrapping on my dad's VW EOS, so she may help me out.

Wing mirrors are not that bad to take off, pull the glass out and with a couple flat head screw drivers prise the plastic tabs and pull the mirror cap off. Not everyone likes the idea of taking things off their car but you will be surprised how flexible these plastic parts are, they shouldn't break unless your doing something very wrong lol

JE_GT":sur2rfvl said:
Looks good with the vinyl :) You defo need to change the standard alloys though...

I quite like the standard alloys, spray them black and space them out with a drop and they look quite good.

My GT was dropped 30/40 with spacers and I thought looked spot on! I have a picture I can upload to show how it looked spaced out :p

waitey":xn3f7mtw said:
JE_GT":xn3f7mtw said:
Looks good with the vinyl :) You defo need to change the standard alloys though...

I quite like the standard alloys, spray them black and space them out with a drop and they look quite good.

My GT was dropped 30/40 with spacers and I thought looked spot on! I have a picture I can upload to show how it looked spaced out :p

What is there to like about them? They look like they're from Halfords lol, putting different wheels on mine made so much difference.

JE_GT":2un94dtk said:
waitey":2un94dtk said:
JE_GT":2un94dtk said:

What is there to like about them? They look like they're from Halfords lol, putting different wheels on mine made so much difference.

Keeps the OEM look and can cost less :p

Thanks for the feedback! I wasn't a fan of the standard alloys until the car got wrapped, as i think it's broken up the bulk of silver.

Ideally, I'd like to purchase some gloss black Team Dynamic Pro Race 3s, however, as that's quite a significant expense, i'm sticking with the OEM style look until i have the money for them.

Time for an update. I hadn't planned on purchasing these when I originally laid out the project thread, but, thanks to BlackTwingo-i offering them at a discounted price, I couldn't say no;

983762_10151472808004998_1855303407_n.jpg

969712_10151472854604998_1692982516_n.jpg