Not going into gear

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubz

Reaction score
I'm having a big issue with the i-music now. Every time I drive the car there's a about a 40% chance that I wont be able to put the car into any gear. I can just about force it into first. There isn't any grinding sound when I do finally get it in gear. I also do have my foot all the way to the ground on the clutch and if I try and match revs it still doesn't go into gear (still doesn't grind).

For example I'm pulling away from a junction. First gear goes in fine, doesn't go into second gear at all, doesn't go into 3rd, try second again just about pops in, try 3rd again doesn't work, 4th doesn't work, 5th works.

It happens in random orders as well so sometimes 2nd gear works, 3rd will and 4th wont or they'll all work apart from 1st.

Any idea what the hell is going on?

All 82 bhp ;)

But in all seriousness the car is bloody hard to drive now. It needs to be sorted :/

Didn't mike have a similar problem with his I music? Gear linkage if I remember correct

Any idea how much this would cost to get it fixed?

I've kind of had enough of the issues with my car. The back right suspension is knocking also..

Linkage is usually simple fix, piece of plastic isn't it?

Also, do you know when the oil was last changed? Whilst it's probably not the fault, it can't hurt. It's cheaper than a new box too

The oil was changed at the last service 4k miles ago.

I don't know what it is. I'll take it into my local Renault at the weekend and get it sorted out

weebob":4ryjljkq said:
Didn't mike have a similar problem with his I music? Gear linkage if I remember correct

I didn't have this problem..

The clutch pedal lincage on mine kept popping out, but i could reach under and pop it on again..

Never had this issue i don't think!

Mine wasn't as powerful though :(

1st and 2nd now isn't working at all now. Pulling away in 3rd is fun stuff...

It's being checked in 2 weeks time when I'm next back home

Dubz":1mk3djov said:
1st and 2nd now isn't working at all now. Pulling away in 3rd is fun stuff...

It's being checked in 2 weeks time when I'm next back home

Fix it and trade up.

I reccomend something without a trace of French engineering in it.

The Renault garage changed the oil so I hope that they used to correct stuff. The gears now grind every so often... Still waiting on new about it

The date of the inspection had to be changed. It's going in on monday. It's not in a healthy state.

Tempted to trade it in for a panda 100hp

Dubz":12jmkjff said:
The date of the inspection had to be changed. It's going in on monday. It's not in a healthy state.

Tempted to trade it in for a panda 100hp

Too slow, get a megane RS, that's what I might be getting in a few months ;)